BarkBox promises to contain 4-6 treats, toys, and occasional hygiene products that are unique from anything they’ll ever send in later boxes. They hold extremely high standards for all the edible items, sourcing only from USA, Canada, South America, Australia and New Zealand. Inside this month’s Bark Box:
- R2P Monkey Silly Bums, Retail $14 (This… was a SUPER weird toy! Only 1/2 of a monkey… starts at the waist, so essentially it’s a plush monkey butt w/ a tail LOL… funny, but creepy at the same time!) Bubba, my 10-month old Rottweiler, seemed to enjoy it, but it didn’t last long… within a couple of days he tore through it, getting to the stuffing & squeaker.)
- Benebone Nylon Chew, Retail $12 (Oh man… Bubb LOVED this! It has 3-prongs & is made with real bacon. This treat/ chew lasts a Long time too… it’s been a month and he still has quite a bit to chew. It’s approx. 7-8″ in length.)
- Green Bark Gummies Skin & Coat Treats, Retail $10 (Bubba did not like these at all! He sniffed them & went about his day. Maybe it was the contents, which are: sprouted Chia w/ Omega-3’s, Antioxidant-rich Kelp, Alfalfa and Green Tea & Chlorophyll for fresh breath.)
- Benny Bully’s Beef Liver & Banana Treats, Retail $8 (These sound so super nasty to me… but Bubb loved them! They are packed with Vitamins and No chemicals added!).
They have several package options… I started with a 3-month Groupon special and when I finished that, I decide to go ahead and get a 6-month package, for $19 a month since Bubba is SO spoiled & I just can’t get enough of his adorable excited face when he sees his BarkBox has arrived! So with this box being a $44 total value…. I’d say I’m pretty happy with it. The one bag of treats he didn’t like, we just gifted those to Bubba’s aunt… a pitbull named Roxy!
I give this box 4 paws!
OMG… Best. Lotion. EVER.
I am completely Obsessed with the scent of this lotion! The bottle says “original fragrance of fresh breezy floral, strawberry and banana creates an inviting aroma and entices your senses”… and boy does it!! My senses are enticed LOL. There are a lot of good smelling lotions out there… but this one takes the cake!
It not only smells good… but it also delivers in the hydrating and nourishing department! The back label says “Shea butter, Ginseng and natural extracts help calm, soothe and condition the skin” and it “is enriched with 100% pure natural hemp seed oil to provide dramatic skin hydration and nourishment”.
I purchased the 500ml bottle for $22.99 at drugstore.com and it was worth every penny! This has become a staple in my beauty/ skincare regimen. It smells so amazing that I almost don’t won’t to mask it with perfume!
And in case you aren’t already sold… this product is Paraben free, Gluten free, (THC-Drug free of course) and 100% Vegan.
I give this product 4 paws!!
I’ve been using these Sally Hansen Nail Polish Strips, pretty much since they first debuted on the shelves & have labeled myself as their unofficial spokesperson LOL. However,… I feel there are some things you need to know, when it comes to using/ wearing these fashionable strips!!
- Don’t get the solid colored/ plain strips. These nail strips will chip within the first week of wearing them, despite the “Lasts up to 10 days” promise on the box & the chips are A LOT less noticeable if they are glitter and/or a busy design/ pattern!
- Get the glitter polish strips, they look awesome! …but If you do… be prepared to devote 30 minutes of your life and a quarter bottle of nail polish remover to get the strips off when you are done! It’s a pain in the butt, but the glitter strips are some of my faves!
- Do not do back to back polish strips …meaning, don’t immediately put on a new set of strips right after you remove another. I did this and my nails took a beating! After putting nail strengthener on, multiple times, …my nails still chipped and broke and peeled away to a painful length. I think these are best used for special occasions, especially since they offer so many adorable holiday and season themed patterns!
These polish strip kits come with a mini nail file & buffer, cuticle stick, 16 strips and instructions. They are so easy to apply & could take 15-30 minutes, depending on the prep time you took with filing & cuticle adjustments. Plus there is no dry time, so that rocks for us last-minute stylish girls on the go!
Here are my nails in their “Lust-Rous” nail polish strips, which are black with gold & silver glitter, immediately after application:
Here are my nails on the 10th day of wearing “In the spot-light” polish strips:
As you can see, from a distance… it’s sort of difficult to see that some of the nails are really chipped!
One of my favorite polish strip designs is “Kitty, Kitty”, which is a standard brown leopard that looks amazing! These are usually priced anywhere from $8 to $10, so unless I feel I NEED to have a certain strip design for an upcoming event… I will typically wait until CVS or Walgreens has the BOGO 1/2 off special and stock up!
One more tidbit of info… Even though there are 16 strips in each pack and you will only use 10… you won’t be able to save the leftovers and use them later with other strips of the same kind, or as a stand-out nail with other strips. Once you break the air-tight seal on the nail strip packaging they have a short life span… and then become brittle.
With my above rules in mind, I give Sally Hansen’s Salon Effects Nail Polish Strips 4 paws!
The JewelMint VIP box is $29.99 a month (auto-bills on the 15th of each month), and promises to contain 3 brand new VIP box exclusive pieces, valued at $80.
The box contained the following:
- Handpiece (OMG totally obsessed with this piece!! It is so unique and gorgeous.)
- Necklace (This is a great signature piece that could be worn everyday… It’s very simple, yet edgy with the spike detail. I like this necklace.)
- Bracelet/ arm cuff (I also like this bracelet/ arm cuff, however… the faux gem tones are a color palette that doesn’t match much in my closet, so i may gift this to someone…. or maybe not… LOL!)
Overall I am extremely pleased with my first VIP box from JewelMint. All 3 pieces are a great value at $29.99! Shipping is included in that flat rate & the packaging of the items is nice… between sturdy foam in cute JewelMint black boxes with adorable elastic bows! Can’t wait for the July 2014 box!!
I give this box 4 paws!!
I discovered the Fancy.com website due to my new-found obsession with signing up for monthly “boxes” filled with surprise goodies… delivered right to my doorstep! This particular site has celebrity curated boxes!! That means the items are hand-picked by the celebrities and each box promises to contain $80.00+ worth of goods. I chose the Jennifer Love Hewitt box, from a line-up of celebs that include Snoop Dogg, Kelly Rowland, Nicky Hilton, and Coco Rocha to name a few.
Total paid: $49.68, ($39.00 + $7.95 shipping + $2.73 tax)
Upon purchase, you are signed up for the monthly service that auto-bills your credit card on file. (You can cancel at any time, by managing your fancy box subscription in your online account.)
I was so excited when i came home from work & saw my first fancy box with the signature popsicle on the side,… but was less than thrilled when i opened it up 😦
Inside, was the following:
- Burger Coasters, $6.86 on amazon (Eh… slightly amused, but I’d probably never use them. Set of 6, each of a different burger ingredient, lettuce, tomato, etc.)
- Sketch Pot Trivet, $18 on amazon (Silicon & looks like a 3-D pot if hung on a pot rack… but i don’t have one, so it’s weird looking otherwise… re-gift or sell on ebay)
- Calf & Half Creamer Pitcher, $10 on amazon (This is pretty cute… I will keep this for the “udder” novelty cuteness, even though I only see myself using this once a year max!)
- Cilio Fondue Set, $29.89 on amazon (If you had a fondue set, you know that it’s a pain in the butt to wash & not worth taking up the storage space in your kitchen LOL… this will be a re-gift or ebay sale for sure!)
You are able to return ONLY one of the items in your box, but less shipping, so it’s not worth it to me. I’d rather just re-gift or sell on ebay what i don’t like.
The total retail on the items was not $80.00+ as promised… but rather $64.75 😦
I give this Fancy Box 1 paw.