For my 3rd JewelMint VIP box, August 2014, there were 3 items. (They always package their items so nicely!) The box included the following items, (claimed to be worth $80 total):
- Tribal Trove Necklace, (I like the style of this necklace… but I really dislike the color combination. Gold, brown, lavender, teal, peach and silver… it’s just not appealing to me at all! I will list this piece on ebay.)
- Gem Envy Bracelet, (I don’t like the style OR color palette of this bracelet. Sage, lavendar & aqua colored gems with gold-tone metal… Just not my style at all. I will also list this piece on ebay.)
- X Marks The Spot Necklace, (Now this is my style! My favorite piece in the box!! The Gold-tone necklace connects to an ‘X’ adorned with clear crystals. The necklace drop puts the ‘X’ around the bust line… I actually think the ‘X’ looks better closer to my neck, so I will shorten the chain before I rock it!)
I paid the monthly $29.99 fee for this box (which includes the shipping). I only liked 1 of the 3 pieces, so I’m not over-the-moon about this month’s box.
I give this JewelMint VIP box 2 paws.
BarkBox promises to contain 4-6 treats, toys, and occasional hygiene products that are unique from anything they’ll ever send in later boxes. They hold extremely high standards for all the edible items, sourcing only from USA, Canada, South America and New Zealand. Inside this month’s nautical themed BarkBox:
- Jolly Pets Romp n’ Roll, Retail $11 (This Buoy-like ball & rope combo toy works on land or sea! It floats & the ball is puncture resistant… wish I could say the same for the rope! The rope was chewed off & had to be thrown away within hours of him playing with it. The ball IS still in-tact though… and my precious Rotty has some serious teeth!)
- Pet Rageous Lobster, Retail $8 (This adorable lobster toy floats and is meant for water fun only! Since we don’t have a pool… I’m saving this for Bubba’s next bath time or trip to the beach! A card in the box said it is not meant to be a chew toy, but only to be enjoyed in the water —for longer lasting fun.)
- Bocce’s Bakery Lobster Roll Treats, Retail $10 (These treats are made with locally sourced lobster right off the coast of Maine! Wheat-free & composed only of organic rye, barley flour, lobster, kelp, parsley —and that’s it! Bubb loves these!)
- Grandma Bowser’s Cheddar Biscuits, Retail $8 (Wheat, corn & soy free, savory cheesy biscuits… another winner with Bubb… he gobbles these up!)
$37 Total value. I paid $19 with my 6-month subscription. Bubba liked everything I gave him so far from the box… AND I really liked that this box had 2 toys in it… my 11-month old Rotty LOVES to play!!!
I give the August 2014 BarkBox 4 paws!
The May 2014 Style Box from SocialBliss.com contained the following:
- My Ties Hair Tie, sugg. retail $4 (A hair tie… Useful? …yes. Exciting? …No. Cute peach color with polka dots, but I’m gonna need SocialBliss to step it up a notch.)
- Izzy & Ali Mini-Maven Coin Purse, sugg. retail $39 (Yet another purse/bag I don’t like. I got the lame black color. It had potential with a cute tassel, but I would have rather had the light pink color! I listed this on ebay.)
- “The Spa Package”, sugg. retail $14 (This package contained 6 “spa” related items. A variety of 5 shower scrubbies & 1 hand-held massager with roller balls. I will use these, but not something I wanted to see in a Fashion & Accessories box!)
- The Creme Shop Mini Eyelash Curler, sugg. retail $7 (I already several full-sized great eyelash curlers. A mini one seems stupid to me because I want to curl them all at once so they arch together. I sold this on ebay.)
- The Creme Shop Cleansing Towelettes, sugg. retail $4 (My favorite item in the box! 30 wipes, and infused with Vitamin C. Perfect on-the-go face refresher. The pink lemonade scent is such a great choice for this product. Love it!)
- Lift Fusion M-Tox Transdermal Face Lift, sugg. retail $140 (This exact size product is selling for under $20 on Amazon.com… Pretty ridiculous that this is the featured item and they list such an over-priced value!! I will try it out, so look for this review in my skin care section!)
SocialBliss.com estimated a total value of $208. I paid $42.95 including shipping. (I currently have a 3-month subscription which saves me a little money.) Not very excited about this months box mainly because this is supposed to be a Fashion box… Not a Beauty box!! I don’t feel like it’s worth $208, but likely still worth more than what I paid. Go for a 3, 6 or 12 month subscription for the savings!
Value aside, I give this box 2 paws.
My first ever Style Box from SocialBliss.com …Love the way it is all packaged up and the “Hello Gorgeous” upon opening!
The March 2014 box theme was “Spring in Paris”, and contained the following:
- Melie Bianco Handbag, sugg. retail $80 (I got the pink/blush color & hated everything about it. Not my style at all, so I sold it on ebay for $35. If this is what Paris is like in Spring… I’ll make sure to go in Summer LOL!)
- Eco-Chic Beauty Brush Set, sugg. retail $25 (I don’t use make-up brushes a whole lot, since my make-up regimen consists of blush, eye-liner, mascara and the occasional lip gloss… but I’m sure one day they will come in handy.)
- Floral Fabric Headband, sugg. retail $14 (I would absolutely Never wear this on my head. I’m 34, not 4 LOL. However,… I wrapped it around my wrist twice and it makes for such a cute bracelet!)
- Avon Care Deeply Lip Balm, sugg. retail $1 (My favorite item in this box! It contains aloe & has a clean fresh scent that I like.)
- South of France Bar Soap, sugg. retail $1 (I can’t remember the last time I used a bar soap… I’m more of an Anti-bacterial liquid soap kinda gal. But, I’m not wasteful so I used it… doesn’t feel like it gets my hands clean of germs… leaves a somewhat sticky residue feeling… Ew.)
SocialBliss.com estimated a total value of $121. I paid $42.95 including shipping. (I purchased a 3-month subscription to save some money.) Pretty disappointed about my first Style Box considering I’m only crazy about one of the items and that item is only worth $1. I signed up because I saw the January & February 2014 boxes & Loved what they contained!! It is still a great value for what I paid, I unfortunately don’t like much of it. They have 2 more months to make it up to me & convince me to renew my subscription! Go for a 3, 6 or 12 month subscription for the savings!!
Value aside, I give this box 1 paw.
The theme for the July 2014 Style Box from SocialBliss.com was “Don’t ever let anyone dull your sparkle”, and contained the following:
- Oscar De La Renta “Espirit D’Oscar”Perfume, sugg. retail $25 (I like how this 0.2 fl. oz. rollerball bottle is small enough to put in your purse for easy scent application on the go…. however I’m not crazy about the musky scent. I like fruity, fresher scents, so I will likely re-gift this.)
- ‘Core’ Body Chain Necklace, sugg. retail $20 (My favorite item in the box! I am SO excited to wear this gold-tone body jewelry over an outfit for added glam! It has adjustable clasps at the back of the neck and waist.)
- “Drop of Gold” Bead Earrings, sugg. retail $10 (Basic gold-tone sphere stud earrings. Extremely boring for my taste so I will ebay these.)
- Fit-To-Flare Lashes, sugg. retail $2 (I’ve only worn fake eyelashes once… for Halloween one year. It was difficult, but I liked the look. These would probably be more realistic looking than the feathery falsies I wore with my Pocahontas costume. I will give these a try with the included eyelash adhesive!)
- Metallic Melie Bianco Bag, sugg. retail $110 (Another Melie Bianco bag I don’t like AT ALL. Of course I get the ugliest of the 4 color options shipped… Gold. I would have possibly liked the hot pink or cobalt blue. I listed this on ebay for less than 1/2 of their suggested retail because there is no way this bag is worth $110… Basic and Boring!)
SocialBliss.com estimated a total value of $167. I paid $42.95 including shipping. (I currently have a 3-month subscription which saves me a little money.) Not very excited about this months box considering I only like 2 of the 5 items. Although I don’t feel like it’s worth $167, it is still a great value for what I paid—-go for a 3, 6 or 12 month subscription for the savings!!
Value aside, I give this box 2 paws.
The April 2014 Style Box from SocialBliss.com was a “Classy & Fabulous” theme, and contained the following:
- Izzy & Ali Vegan Handbag, sugg. retail $129 (I got this handbag in navy and the hardware is gold tone. I like that materials are animal friendly… but I don’t like handbags with a top flap! It is irritating to me to have to hold open while searching for my wallet, keys etc. I will list this on ebay.)
- Too Faced “Better Than Sex” Mascara, sugg. retail $15 (This is my favorite item in the box! The brush distrubutes the mascara perfectly & makes my lashes super sultry! I will likely buy more of this when I run out!)
- Cubic Zirconia Earrings, sugg. retail $50 (I probably wouldn’t have picked them out in a store… but they are cute. I haven’t decided if I will keep them, gift them or ebay them.)
- Little Black Compact, sugg. retail $5 (I already have a few compacts… doesn’t every girl LOL… but this one is unlike any I have. It is all black with a dimensional rose etched on the entire top. Sure, why not… I’ll add another to my collection.)
- Nail Art Kit by Stella, sugg. retail $7 (This nail kit contains rhinestone of all shapes and colors. I do my own mani’s and pedi’s… so I can never have too many nail gems! Although… I can already tell that I won’t use some of them… orange dots …Ew.)
SocialBliss.com estimated a total value of $206. I paid $42.95 including shipping. (I currently have a 3-month subscription which saves me a little money.) I listed the main item in the box that I didn’t like, on ebay & liked all the other items… so I am happy with this months box… Not over the moon… but happy. Great value —-go for a 3, 6 or 12 month subscription for the savings!!
Because I would like to Love the main item in the box for a change… I give this box 3 paws.
For my 2nd JewelMint VIP box, July 2014, there were 4 items! (They always package their items so nicely!) The box included the following items, (claimed to be worth $80 total):
- Pink Vita Necklace, (They say this is a member favorite style in an updated new color… but I’m not crazy about the style or peachy/pink color, so I’ve listed it on ebay.)
- Le Petit Bow Earrings, (Adorable and classic… I like these girly cuties… and surprisingly enough I don’t have a pair like them!)
- Desert Hoops, (These just didn’t excite me at all… If I’m going to wear hoop earrings I like them to be much bigger. They pair nicely with the Pink Vita Necklace… so I listed them with the necklace on ebay.)
- Lock Cuff, (Now this is my favorite piece in the box! I am so obsessed with lock & key designed items right now. An old-style key on one end of the cuff and a key-hole on the other… TOO cute!!)
I paid the monthly $29.99 fee for this box (which includes the shipping). Even though I only liked 2 of the 4 pieces… I loved this box because I probably would’ve paid $29.99 for the one bracelet LOL. Plus I will make some money back from my ebay sale!
I give this JewelMint VIP box 4 paws!!