The theme for the July 2014 Style Box from SocialBliss.com was “Don’t ever let anyone dull your sparkle”, and contained the following:
- Oscar De La Renta “Espirit D’Oscar”Perfume, sugg. retail $25 (I like how this 0.2 fl. oz. rollerball bottle is small enough to put in your purse for easy scent application on the go…. however I’m not crazy about the musky scent. I like fruity, fresher scents, so I will likely re-gift this.)
- ‘Core’ Body Chain Necklace, sugg. retail $20 (My favorite item in the box! I am SO excited to wear this gold-tone body jewelry over an outfit for added glam! It has adjustable clasps at the back of the neck and waist.)
- “Drop of Gold” Bead Earrings, sugg. retail $10 (Basic gold-tone sphere stud earrings. Extremely boring for my taste so I will ebay these.)
- Fit-To-Flare Lashes, sugg. retail $2 (I’ve only worn fake eyelashes once… for Halloween one year. It was difficult, but I liked the look. These would probably be more realistic looking than the feathery falsies I wore with my Pocahontas costume. I will give these a try with the included eyelash adhesive!)
- Metallic Melie Bianco Bag, sugg. retail $110 (Another Melie Bianco bag I don’t like AT ALL. Of course I get the ugliest of the 4 color options shipped… Gold. I would have possibly liked the hot pink or cobalt blue. I listed this on ebay for less than 1/2 of their suggested retail because there is no way this bag is worth $110… Basic and Boring!)
SocialBliss.com estimated a total value of $167. I paid $42.95 including shipping. (I currently have a 3-month subscription which saves me a little money.) Not very excited about this months box considering I only like 2 of the 5 items. Although I don’t feel like it’s worth $167, it is still a great value for what I paid—-go for a 3, 6 or 12 month subscription for the savings!!
Value aside, I give this box 2 paws.