I absolutely love John Frieda’s Brilliant Brunette shampoo & conditioner duo!! I’ve been washing my hair with it for many years. It claims to “bring out rich, multi-dimensional brunette tones + shine in just one use”. It is hard for me to confirm this… but it doesn’t matter because this is not the reason I’m so obsessed with this product.
It leaves my hair feeling fabulously silky! I am a “hair twirler” LOL… ever since I can remember (my mom will confirm this), I have been twirling my hair through my fingers. Sometimes I don’t even realize that I’m doing it! I just love the lightweight softness… and don’t even get me started on the scent!!
If you’ve read my previous blogs then you know I’m a sucker for the aroma of sweet almond oil… and that is exactly what both the shampoo & conditioner smell like. The label says the almond oil is what gives your hair that soft silky feeling.
They have the duo for blonde & red hair as well… Not sure if the scent or feel is comparable,… but absolutely, if you are a brunette you should pick this John Frieda creation up ASAP. (Claims to work on natural or highlighted brunettes) It’s extremely affordable as well, at under $10 each, per 8.45 fl. oz. bottle and there are often coupons & store specials with the purchase of 2 bottles. They do contain sulfates.. Boooooo…. but I don’t care… I love it that much LOL!
I give this product 4 paws!!
Fancy.com is known for their “Fancy Boxes” filled with surprise goodies… delivered right to your doorstep! Best part?!… some of the subscription box options are curated by celebrities!! That means the items are hand-picked by the celebrity of your choice and each box promises to contain $80.00+ worth of goods. I’ve been a subscriber to the Jennifer Love Hewitt box since July 2014. Other celeb boxes available, include Snoop Dogg, Kelly Rowland, Nicky Hilton, Coco Rocha and T-Pain to name a few. This month’s box contained the following:
- La Fresh Face Wipes, $9 on Amazon.com (I live in the Sunshine State… and it’s HOT! It doesn’t take long at all in this heat, especially in summer, to break a sweat. I absolutely love wiping my face down with a fresh wipe to cool off and feel refreshed. Can’t wait to try these out! Look for this review in my Skin Care section!)
- White Galaxy Glow Laces, $12 on LacedUpLaces.com (I don’t really wear sneakers anywhere when it’s dark… so I’m not sure when I’ll use these or what sneakers I would put them on… But I’ll figure out a way to have fun with these!)
- Fresh Sagaform Smoothie Mug, $11 on RoyalDesign.com (Enclosed info card says “Perfect for smoothies on the go”… I say it’s perfect for Sangria on the go! LOL!! It’s BPA free too, which I’m all about…. the only toxin I’m putting in my body is alcohol HaHa.)
- Onyx Food Container, $29 on Amazon.com (Eco-friendly Tiffin set for packing lunch on the go. I’ve never seen or heard of anything like this. I will definitely use this since I take my lunch to work almost every day. It has 2 compartments that stack, a lid and it sits in a holder that latches shut with a handle on top!)
- Kitsch Passion Fruit Headbands, $10 on Amazon.com (some girls may say “you can never have too many” …i think i possibly may have too many LOL. They are bright and fun & I don’t already have any in this new “tie” style that is becoming so popular.)
- Kitsch Passion Fruit Hair Ties, $10 on Amazon.com (Again… I have so many of these… but they are bright, fun colors and I do like the “tie” style for these because they really do look adorable as bracelets too when they aren’t in your hair!)
Six items total in this box, with a value of $81. I paid just under $50 including shipping. I like all 6 items… Not super excited about any of them, but I’m happy with what i got and what I paid for it all.
I give this Fancy Box 3 paws!
Fancy.com is known for their “Fancy Boxes” filled with surprise goodies… delivered right to your doorstep! Best part?!… some of the subscription box options are curated by celebrities!! That means the items are hand-picked by the celebrity of your choice and each box promises to contain $80.00+ worth of goods. Coco Rocha is my 2nd celebrity box subscription… (I’ve been a subscriber to the Jennifer Love Hewitt box since July 2014). Other celeb boxes available, include Snoop Dogg, Kelly Rowland, Nicky Hilton, and T-Pain to name a few. My first Coco Rocha box included the following:
- “Coco Made Me Do It” T-Shirt, $16 on Amazon.com (Coco is too cute! In the enclosed product info card, she says “Blame it on me!… wear the T-shirt, mention Coco on twitter with hashtag #CocoMadeMeDoIt” …and she’ll comment on her faves! Definitely going to partake in this! So fun & silly!! (follow me: @luv_kimmykat)
- Cosmic Dust Deco Necklace, $48 on Baublebar.com (If this necklace is your style… It is a great deal! Coco says she worked with Bauble Bar to make this piece, which has a crystalline collar and gold-flecked onyx stones. It’s not my style unfortunately. It is sold out right now on Baublebar.com… so hopefully that draws in more interest when I sell it on ebay)
- B & W Museum Nail Wraps, $12.50 on Mooreaseal.com (I love me some nail wraps! I haven’t tried this brand yet, so i’ll give it go soon and put a review in my nail section. Minimalist black & white designs that will go with anything!)
- A J Morgan Castro Sunglasses, $24 on Norstrom.com (I wasn’t crazy about these when i first saw them… but once I tried them on… I loved them! Clear frames with silver tone metal accents, mirror lenses on a classic shape, …and they came with a simple black case too. These went right into my purse to wear tomorrow!)
Four items total in this box, with a value of $100.50. I paid just under $50 including shipping… AND… I really like 3 of the 4 items! I will definitely be continuing my Coco Rocha Fancy Box subscription! Can’t wait to find out what’s in the October box already LOL.
I give this Fancy Box 3 paws!
The August 2014 box theme was “End of Summer Daze”, and contained the following:
- Laser-Cut Tote Bag, Sugg. retail $48 (No pockets… No likey. I am OCD about storage, so I need pockets! This leather-like tote is a pretty plum/purple color, but I’m not crazy about the laser-cut detail. It came with a basic beige drawstring bag to store it in. I’ve listed this on ebay!)
- Papillon Visor, Sugg. retail $18 (Made of straw-like paper with a bow in the center & velcro closure… I don’t know who in their right mind would wear this visor. It is just awful. A sunhat with the top center missing… Eww. I haven’t seen anyone wear a hat like this, since Mrs. Schumacher, the old lady character from the ‘Dirty Dancing’ movie who stole wallets! LMAO! I will definitely be selling this on ebay.)
- Turquoise Necklace by Influence, Sugg. retail $18 (My favorite item in this box! It is very boho chic. Acorn shaped Turquoise stone with gold tone chain. A piece that will never go out of style.)
- Double Bar Cuff Bracelet, Sugg. retail $12 (Simple silver tone cuff that it so versatile! A solid metal bar runs adjacent to a twisted metal bar. I can see myself wearing this often!)
- Bare Escentuals Retractable Lip Brush, Sugg. retail $7 (Compact, at only 2-inches long, this will be a great tool to create the perfect pout on the go! I’m excited to use this.)
- Metallic Hex Tattoo by The Pi Collection, Sugg. retail $4 (Having more than a few real tattoos myself… I of course love this temporary metallic body art. This one is a line of bronze hexagons that would probably wrap perfectly around my finger.)
SocialBliss.com estimated a total value of $107. I paid $42.95 including shipping. (I purchased a 3-month subscription to save some money.) My sixth Style Box has me considering whether or not I will renew for another 3 month subscription. Although it’s still a great value for what I paid, sadly SocialBliss.com has not delivered style I like, on the “main” item in all 6 boxes so far!! If you are interested in giving it a try, go for a 3, 6 or 12 month subscription for the savings!!
Value aside, I give this box 2 paws.