The August 2014 box theme was “End of Summer Daze”, and contained the following:
- Laser-Cut Tote Bag, Sugg. retail $48 (No pockets… No likey. I am OCD about storage, so I need pockets! This leather-like tote is a pretty plum/purple color, but I’m not crazy about the laser-cut detail. It came with a basic beige drawstring bag to store it in. I’ve listed this on ebay!)
- Papillon Visor, Sugg. retail $18 (Made of straw-like paper with a bow in the center & velcro closure… I don’t know who in their right mind would wear this visor. It is just awful. A sunhat with the top center missing… Eww. I haven’t seen anyone wear a hat like this, since Mrs. Schumacher, the old lady character from the ‘Dirty Dancing’ movie who stole wallets! LMAO! I will definitely be selling this on ebay.)
- Turquoise Necklace by Influence, Sugg. retail $18 (My favorite item in this box! It is very boho chic. Acorn shaped Turquoise stone with gold tone chain. A piece that will never go out of style.)
- Double Bar Cuff Bracelet, Sugg. retail $12 (Simple silver tone cuff that it so versatile! A solid metal bar runs adjacent to a twisted metal bar. I can see myself wearing this often!)
- Bare Escentuals Retractable Lip Brush, Sugg. retail $7 (Compact, at only 2-inches long, this will be a great tool to create the perfect pout on the go! I’m excited to use this.)
- Metallic Hex Tattoo by The Pi Collection, Sugg. retail $4 (Having more than a few real tattoos myself… I of course love this temporary metallic body art. This one is a line of bronze hexagons that would probably wrap perfectly around my finger.)
SocialBliss.com estimated a total value of $107. I paid $42.95 including shipping. (I purchased a 3-month subscription to save some money.) My sixth Style Box has me considering whether or not I will renew for another 3 month subscription. Although it’s still a great value for what I paid, sadly SocialBliss.com has not delivered style I like, on the “main” item in all 6 boxes so far!! If you are interested in giving it a try, go for a 3, 6 or 12 month subscription for the savings!!
Value aside, I give this box 2 paws.