I hadn’t heard of this Skincare company until I saw the sale on HauteLook.com and being a Floridian, I was excited to get some products to try out! I was also lured in by the high content of 100% pure aloe vera in their products. This is regularly $16 on KeyWestAloe.com, and I purchase it for $8… so 50% savings was a great deal!!
The product description says this facial scrub combines the scents of apple, apricot, papaya and almond… but I strongly disagree! The scent is what totally disappointed me. It doesn’t have a fruit scent to it, whatsoever! It doesn’t even smell like a good oatmeal, hot from the microwave…(yes, I’m an instant oatmeal kinda girl… who has time for stove-top oatmeal?! LOL). It cleaned and exfoliated my face just fine,… but so do other facial scrubs that smell much better! If you are like me and sniff all of your skincare products before you buy them (those of you who have accidentally squirted body wash or shampoo up your nose LOL)… then I don’t recommend this at all.
I give this facial scrub 1 paw.
The October 2014 box theme was “Follow Your Bliss …as we venture into the season of sweater weather”, and contained the following:
- Wrist-Bliss Watch by Varsales, Sugg. retail $45 (Eww. I am not liking this AT ALL. It could be that I already have a couple watches that I really like, one of which also has a frame of crystals… but it’s a white watch and looks classy. This one just looks cheesy. I’ll be listing it on ebay.)
- Traveling Scarf by Papillon, Sugg. retail $22 (I’m loving the print of this scarf. I’m glad I got the black one… because I would not have liked the peach one I saw in the sneak peak! It’s starting to get cooler outside, so I’ll be wrapping up with this very soon!)
- “Grab-N-Go Bliss Book” by Denik, Sugg. retail $10 (cute little pocket-size notebook …with an Alexander McQueen quote: “It’s a new era in Fashion. There are no rules.” I would have preferred it was lined… pages are blank.)
- Convertible Clutch by Silverake, Sugg. retail $35 (I am so over getting ugly, boring clutches… in fact I’m pretty over getting clutches all-together! How many clutches does SocialBliss think we need?! We’ll all need “clutch closets” if they keep this up LOL! This doubles as a wallet if you prefer… but I don’t care… This will be on ebay soon!)
- “Matte-Hatter” Matte Polish by Nabi, Sugg. retail $3.50 (This top coat/ finishing polish claims to “transform shades of shine, into delicate dusk”. I don’t have anything like this yet, so I am excited to test it’s magic matte abilities! Look for this review soon, in my ‘Nails’ category!)
SocialBliss.com estimated a total value of $115.50. I paid $42.95 including shipping. (I purchased a 3-month subscription to save some money.) This is my 8th Style Box. Although it’s still a great value for what I paid, sadly SocialBliss.com IS STILL NOT DELIVERING style I like, on the “main” item!! In this case, I really dislike the 2 most expensive items in the box! If you are interested in giving it a try, go for a 3, 6 or 12 month subscription for the savings!!
Value aside, I give this box 1 paw.
So…the 2nd jewelry candle I ordered from JewelMint… Fantabulous! This is also an 8 oz. candle with a burn time of 45-50 hours, and is made up of soy wax. It too contains a surprise JewelMint jewelry piece, wrapped in a special foil to keep it safe! A ring is the only option for the surprise piece on this one, and there are several sizes available to choose from.
The aroma of this candle is Delicious… Tarte red currant, with vanilla undertones! After only an hour burning… I can already see my surprise reveal itself… So Exciting LOL
I blew out the candle, retrieved it from the HOT melted wax with a fork and waited a few moments for the foil to cool before carefully peeling away the layers to reveal my newest accessory!
O to the My Gosh… the surprise is awesome! I thought I was only getting one ring… and I got FOUR… I feel like I just hit the jewelry candle lotto LOL! Four separate rings, gold tone, each with a different letter on them, to spell L-O-V-E… which is ironic… because I L-O-V-E this surprise!! I wear size 8 typically for fashion rings and these fit perfectly on my ring, middle and pointer fingers. The candles are normally $29.99 each, but they were on sale… so I purchased it for only $14.00, YAY! I think these would make perfect gifts… I can’t wait for them to go on sale again!
I give this No. 4 JewelMint Jewelry Candle 4 paws!
OH man was I excited when my jewelry candles arrived from JewelMint!! This candle was the first of it’s kind I’ve ever purchased. These unique 8 oz. candles have a burn time of 45-50 hours, are made up of soy wax and contain a surprise JewelMint jewelry piece, wrapped in a special foil to keep it safe! I opted to receive a necklace surprise (not a ring) at the time of purchase.
I didn’t waste any time and immediately lit mine up! The aroma of this candle is amazing… Tart citrus and grapefruit, with floral undertones! After only an hour burning… I can already see my surprise reveal itself… OMG I was more excited than a 34 year old should be LOL.
Because I absolutely could not wait any longer to see what was lying within the foil package… I blew out the candle and retrieved it from the HOT melted wax with a fork.
I waited a few moments for the foil to cool and then carefully peeled away the layers of foil to reveal my newest accessory!
I like it! It’s a simple gold necklace that can be worn & layered with almost anything. I love the chevron & geometric lines and sparkly details. This could get addicting! They are normally $29.99 each, but they were on sale… so I purchased it for only $14.00, YAY!
I give this No. 3 JewelMint Jewelry Candle 4 paws!
I received this Essie magnetic nail polish in one of my Social Bliss Style Boxes. (One of the better items I’ve received from my 7 boxes so far LOL) I put this color on my toes, because ever since I tested out the gelliebeans at home gel nail kit… I refuse to put anything else on my nails! I’m on a computer all day at work and if I don’t use gel… my nails chip SO easily! In case you were wondering… the gelliebeans gel polish on my nails is ‘Strawberry Froyo’!
The picture of my polished toes below is pretty accurate… the snakeskin design (created by the magnet affixed to the top of the polish lid) is not very visible. If you were putting this on your nails it might be a different story since they aren’t at ground level all day! The red wine color is still gorgeous, especially for the fall season and the upcoming holidays. The bottle label gives precise instructions:
- Paint all nails with one coat.
- When putting on the 2nd coat, do ONE nail at a time —and IMMEDIATELY— hover the magnet over that nail AS CLOSE AS YOU CAN GET… for approx. 5 seconds! You don’t have much time… they aren’t playing around with “immediately”! I didn’t get it right the 2nd coat on the first few nails because I don’t think I was quick enough. The 3rd coat finally worked, but then as you may see in the photo on my big toe… it only worked on a stripe down the middle of my nail. I tried to move it around on the other foot and sadly got the same results.
- You repeat step 2 for each nail.
When I didn’t get the show-stopping results I was hoping for LOL, I hovered over nails for 10 seconds… FYI, that doesn’t get you a better outcome. I followed mine up with an OPI clear & shiny top coat.
Sugg. retail is $12.00. I think they are onto something with this science… but I feel that it needs some work. It’s very hard to see that detail on such a dark polish. I love the polish color and concept… I’m just not over-the-moon with the results. I guess I expected a little more. Maybe it’s my magnet that is bad? I may see if there are lighter colors to try.
I give this Essie Magnetic Nail polish 3 paws!
For my 4th JewelMint VIP box, September 2014, there were 3 items. (They always package their items so nicely!) The box included the following items, (claimed to be an $80 value):
- Perforated Pearl Earrings, (I love these on-trend ear jacket earrings! They can be worn as studs or with the back jacket for added edge.)
- Charmed Knight Bracelet, (This bracelet looks like a Christmas-themed jewelry piece. I don’t like it.)
- Regal Crest Necklace, (The statement this necklace makes to me… is that it’s designer is color blind! Eww… what is with their color combos lately?!)
I paid the monthly $29.99 fee for this box (which includes the shipping). I only liked 1 of the 3 pieces. The bracelet & necklace in this month’s box are not very edgy. I’d like to see some spikes for a change!!
I give this JewelMint VIP box 2 paws.
The September 2014 box theme was “Go Bold”, and contained the following:
- Two-Toned Tyra Clutch by Urban Expressions, Sugg. retail $49 (I think this bag is SO ugly. Ew. Not my style AT ALL. I’ve listed this on ebay.)
- Sterling Silver Pyramid Midi Ring by Belcho USA, Sugg. retail $30 (I’m loving this new midi ring trend and I love the triangle. Adorbs!)
- Linked Halos Necklace by Space, Sugg. retail $15 (Ehh. Very boring and I just don’t like this necklace.)
- New Bold Lacquer Mascara by Revlon, Sugg. retail $8 (Mascara is my favorite, so I’m always excited to try new ones! Look for my review on this very soon…)
SocialBliss.com estimated a total value of $102. I paid $42.95 including shipping. (I purchased a 3-month subscription to save some money.) This is my 7th Style Box. Although it’s still a great value for what I paid, sadly SocialBliss.com is still not delivering style I like, on the “main” item!! If you are interested in giving it a try, go for a 3, 6 or 12 month subscription for the savings!!
Value aside, I give this Dull, (Not Bold) box 2 paws.