Fancy.com is known for their “Fancy Boxes” filled with surprise goodies… delivered right to your doorstep! Best part?!… some of the subscription box options are curated by celebrities!! That means the items are hand-picked by the celebrity of your choice and each box promises to contain $80.00+ worth of goods. I’ve been a subscriber to the Jennifer Love Hewitt box since July 2014. Other celeb boxes available, include Snoop Dogg, Kelly Rowland, Nicky Hilton, Coco Rocha and T-Pain to name a few. This month’s box contained the following:
- Mason Jar Shot Glasses, $14 on amazon.com (I’ve actually considered purchasing these many times, but didn’t… so i’m happy to have received these! Adorable mini versions of this southern classic kitchen staple!)
- Chickpea Magazine, $18 on chickpeamagazine.com (I absolutely despise mushrooms… They are SO Eww! The cover and several pages are devoted to this super nasty fungus. Plus this is a vegan quarterly magazine… I’m not a vegan. None of the recipes seem even remotely appetizing. Some of the font in this magazine makes it incredibly hard to read. Sadly this is the most expensive item in the box… and I hate it. I’ll be giving this to my mushroom-loving dad!)
- Vintage Paper Straws, $2.50 on amazon.com (from ‘Dress My Cupcake’ in light blue chevron… cute, no need for them in the foreseeable future, but I’m sure I’ll use them!)
- Stoneware Mini Baker, $12 on amazon.com (I’m not sure how much I needed another item in my small kitchen… but I don’t have a stoneware baker this size… not sure if I’ll ever need one… I’ll keep it for a while & see if I use it.)
- Egg Salt & Pepper Shakers, $11 on amazon.com (from ‘Creative Co-op’… I’m not into theme table settings, again… primarily due to my tiny kitchen & the lack of storage. I’ll be giving this to my mom, who loves this type of thing and entertains our large family around a kitchen table frequently!)
Five items total in this box, with a value of $57.50. I paid just under $50 including shipping. I’m only loving 1 item in the box, so although the value exceeds what I paid… I’m not very happy with this month’s selection.
I give this Fancy Box 2 paws.