BarkBox promises to contain 4-6 treats, toys, and occasional hygiene products that are unique from anything they’ll ever send in later boxes. They hold extremely high standards for all the edible items, sourcing only from USA, Canada, South America and New Zealand. Inside this month’s football themed BarkBox:
- PetProjekt Skrubal Football, Retail $14 (Made from 100% natural rubber… this is a durable toy that has brought my rotty Bubba Lots of joy!)
- Barkworthies Sweet Potato Steak Fries, Retail $8 (Made from 100% sweet potato… but that doesn’t matter to Bubb. He will eat them, but he’s not very excited when i present this treat…. guess he’s not a fan of sweet potato!)
- Etta Says Duck Chew, Retail $4 (I received this in the July BarkBox… which goes against their promise of no repeat items. However… I don’t mind, because Bubb Really liked it and this time was no different!)
- Safemade Pet Pawxford Pennant, Retail $7 (This toy lasted less than 30 minutes. Not a great selection for a large breed dog. See the evidence below… No harmful stuffing for MY pup!!)
- Petsafe Indigo Smokehouse Strips – Bacon, Retail $7 (Made with 100% USA pork & no artificial flavors or preservatives.. so this yummy treat needed refrigeration after opening. I split the portion into 2 servings and mixed it in with his dry Blue Wilderness food for a day and he loved it.)
$40 Total value. I paid $19 with my 6-month subscription. Bubba liked all but one of the treats… but still ate the sweet potato one he wasn’t crazy about. I loved that this box had 2 toys in it… I just wish the Pennant toy was more durable since I am signed up for the large breed box.
I give the September 2014 BarkBox 3 paws!