I discovered this Sally Hansen Sugar Coat textured nail color in #200 “Sugar Fix”, on Fancy.com and purchased it for $8. It is also available in orange and blue. I got the white because it was the most realistic version of sugar. Bottle instructions say to “apply 2 thin coats”… which i did. This stuff drys super fast, which is awesome!! I loathe having to wait for my nails to fully dry, which is partially why I switched to gel or wraps… unless I’m testing out product! I like the look of this and thought it was perfect for the holiday season/ winter… since it also looks like snow! Living in Florida, this is likely the closest I’ll get to snow w/o traveling out of state LOL! I didn’t put a clear top coat on, because I liked the natural matte look. It is possible that because of this they chipped quite a bit after only a few days. Nonetheless, I feel like this is a specialty polish that I would only want to wear for an appropriate event anyways (like family cookie night!), so no worries in the longevity department with me!
Even though my mom says it looks like white out and my brother-in-law says it looks like white sand paper… (ok, I can see the resemblances LOL) … I still give this product 3 paws!
I bought this Sonia Kushak Exfoliating Mitten at Target for $2.99 and was very excited to try it out. I normally use those bath pouf things and thought it was such a clever idea to make it into a mitten… however, they needed to take it step further! It exfoliates the skin superbly, but the mitten slips off my hand the entire time I scrub with it! It is so incredibly annoying and inefficient! They should have made it into a glove, so that it wouldn’t be able to slip right off! Another lackluster feature,… it doesn’t allow body wash to foam up as much as the poufs do. I don’t feel like I’m getting 100% clean, if the soap isn’t foaming up a bunch! I’ll be on the look-out for an exfoliating glove!
I give this mitten 1 paw.
BarkBox promises to contain 4-6 treats, toys, and occasional hygiene products that are unique from anything they’ll ever send in later boxes. They hold extremely high standards for all the edible items, sourcing only from USA, Canada, South America and New Zealand. Inside this month’s Halloween themed BarkBox:
- Plush Puppies Squeaker Mat Mummy, Retail $15 (This had 16 squeakers!! It claims to have double-stitching for durability… but Bubba tore into it after just a few days and got to the squeakers one at a time, until I finally took it away because I was afraid he would eat one! Very cute, cuddly toy & he had fun with it… but it wasn’t durable enough for my 80-lb. rotty!)
- Max & Ruffy’s Pumpkin Patch Bites, Retail $4 (Made in Maryland and free of preservatives! Bubba ate these treats, but I don’t think pumpkin is one of his favorite flavors.)
- Snicky Snaks Cinnamon Crunch Bar, Retail $2 (This treat is shaped like a candy bar, so i broke it into 4 pieces so Bubb could enjoy this treat more than once! He enjoyed this tasty treat.)
- Petprojekt Squeeki Skull, Retail $8 (When I held this toy in my hand, I thought for sure this was a durable toy like many of the squeaker ball toys Bubb already has… boy was I wrong! In under 15 minutes, he chewed through, eliminating the squeak feature & making it dangerous if pieces were digested. See photo below.)
- Hare of the Dog Rabbit Jerky Stick, Retail $3 (I always know when Bubba REALLY loves a treat… because he does this adorable thing, where he runs with it, for fear that we may take it back! He did that with this treat. OMG he is just the cutest!!)
- Heartland Premium Weasand Strips, Retail $3 (Made in Nebraska, from 100% cow gullet… not being sure what the heck gullet was, I googled it & saw images… don’t do that… LOL! We split this into 2 servings and mixed it with his dry food for 2 meals. He gobbled it down!)
$35 Total value and 6 items in this box! I paid $19 with my 6-month subscription. Bubba liked all of the treats which is always great! I love that this box had 2 toys in it, but I would rather have just 1 toy that is durable enough for Bubba’s strong jaw, since I am signed up for the large breed box.
I give the October 2014 BarkBox 3 paws!
Fancy.com is known for their “Fancy Boxes” filled with surprise goodies… delivered right to your doorstep! Best part?!… some of the subscription box options are curated by celebrities!! That means the items are hand-picked by the celebrity of your choice and each box promises to contain $80.00+ worth of goods. I’ve been a subscriber to the Jennifer Love Hewitt box since July 2014. Other celeb boxes available, include Snoop Dogg, Kelly Rowland, Nicky Hilton, Coco Rocha and T-Pain to name a few. This month’s box contained the following:
- Waku Sweater Cup & Saucer, $14 on mollaspace.com (I don’t have much need for a cup & saucer set… when I drink tea, it’s in a mug twice the size of this cup and… is a saucer really necessary?! It’s just a fancy coaster that will need to be washed LOL. The sweater pattern is cute, but I will likely gift this or sell it on ebay.)
- Colour Me Good Kate Moss Book, $12 on amazon.com (I’m a creative person, so I love the idea of adult themed coloring books! …I’m just not a fan of Kate Moss. When I looked for this on amazon, I saw the Illustrator, Mel Elliott, has a lot of these published! I would have rather had the “Fashion” or “Cara Delevingne” book!! But if anything, purchasing these fancy boxes introduces me to wonderful things I never knew existed, …like this!)
- “You’re Beautiful.” Cards & Case, $5 on fancy.com (15 cards that say “You’re Beautiful, and it took all I have inside to hand you this.” Metal case included. This should be meant for men… I would never give one of these cards to anyone… it is silly & slightly weird/creepy LOL. I’ll be selling this on ebay.)
- Gipsy Big Spot Tights, $16 on amazon.com (Black sheer tights with black opaque dots, one size fits all. Upon looking at the photo on amazon, of these tights on a model,… these look less like a fashion statement… and more like a skin condition LOL! I like polka dots, but not in this way, Ew! I’ll be listing these on ebay!)
- Oscar Blandi Pronto Dry Shampoo 2.5oz, $19 on amazon.com (I am yet to find a dry shampoo that truly makes my hair look and feel freshly washed… when it’s not. Look for this review very soon, after I test it out!)
- Two’s Company Chatham Globe Vase, $15 on amazon.com (Made of hand-blown glass and can be used as a candle holder, vase or candy dish. This is probably something I didn’t need, but it’s cute and I’ll find it a purpose in my home.)
Six items total in this box, with a value of $81.00. I paid just under $50 including shipping. I’m only keeping 2 of the 6 items in the box, but the value greatly exceeds what I paid and is actually $1 over the $80 guaranteed value! This month’s selections weren’t great & I’m not too sure what the theme was. Also, I didn’t get the info card that usually comes with each box, describing why JLH chose each item.
I give this Fancy Box 2 paws. (If the value wasn’t this good, I would’ve given it 1 paw!)
For my 5th JewelMint VIP box, October 2014, there were 3 items. (As always the items were packaged up neatly with bow!) The box included the following items, (claimed to be an $80 value):
- Honeycomb Earrings, (These gold-tone ear jacket earrings are a 2 for 1! They can be worn as studs with just the 3 mini hexagon cluster or with the back jacket, adding 6 mini hexagons for that on-trend style. They are cute, but don’t fit my style, so I will be listing these on ebay!)
- Aquitaine Necklace, (Last month I said I wanted edgier pieces with spikes… and they delivered! YAY!! I absolutely love this necklace. The faux pearls add the perfect feminine touch!)
- Antionette Shield Pendant, (This pendant is such a strange shape to me… it looks less like a shield and more like an insect! I don’t want to wear anything that reminds me of a bedazzled bug LOL… I’ll be selling this on ebay very soon!)
I paid the monthly $29.99 fee for this box (which includes the shipping). I only liked 1 of the 3 pieces… but I REALLY like the spikey pearl necklace. Obviously I would ultimately like to love ALL 3 pieces… maybe next month…
I give this JewelMint VIP box 3 paws.