BarkBox promises to contain 4-6 treats, toys, and occasional hygiene products that are unique from anything they’ll ever send in later boxes. They hold extremely high standards for all the edible items, sourcing only from USA, Canada, South America and New Zealand. Inside this month’s Halloween themed BarkBox:
- Plush Puppies Squeaker Mat Mummy, Retail $15 (This had 16 squeakers!! It claims to have double-stitching for durability… but Bubba tore into it after just a few days and got to the squeakers one at a time, until I finally took it away because I was afraid he would eat one! Very cute, cuddly toy & he had fun with it… but it wasn’t durable enough for my 80-lb. rotty!)
- Max & Ruffy’s Pumpkin Patch Bites, Retail $4 (Made in Maryland and free of preservatives! Bubba ate these treats, but I don’t think pumpkin is one of his favorite flavors.)
- Snicky Snaks Cinnamon Crunch Bar, Retail $2 (This treat is shaped like a candy bar, so i broke it into 4 pieces so Bubb could enjoy this treat more than once! He enjoyed this tasty treat.)
- Petprojekt Squeeki Skull, Retail $8 (When I held this toy in my hand, I thought for sure this was a durable toy like many of the squeaker ball toys Bubb already has… boy was I wrong! In under 15 minutes, he chewed through, eliminating the squeak feature & making it dangerous if pieces were digested. See photo below.)
- Hare of the Dog Rabbit Jerky Stick, Retail $3 (I always know when Bubba REALLY loves a treat… because he does this adorable thing, where he runs with it, for fear that we may take it back! He did that with this treat. OMG he is just the cutest!!)
- Heartland Premium Weasand Strips, Retail $3 (Made in Nebraska, from 100% cow gullet… not being sure what the heck gullet was, I googled it & saw images… don’t do that… LOL! We split this into 2 servings and mixed it with his dry food for 2 meals. He gobbled it down!)
$35 Total value and 6 items in this box! I paid $19 with my 6-month subscription. Bubba liked all of the treats which is always great! I love that this box had 2 toys in it, but I would rather have just 1 toy that is durable enough for Bubba’s strong jaw, since I am signed up for the large breed box.
I give the October 2014 BarkBox 3 paws!