The November 2014 box theme was “Seventies Flare”, and contained the following:
- Fringe for Days Bag by Antik Kraft, Sugg. retail $40 (I cannot express how much I dislike this handbag… It is such an awful design… FRINGE GONE WRONG!! It would be adorable if it was chain fringe for the wrist strap and a bold color quilted bag like cobalt or neon yellow. I prefer to not look like I have a hairy wrist LOL… I will be selling this on ebay!)
- Fierce in Fringe Tassel Necklace by T+ J Designs, Sugg. retail $68 (OMG I love this necklace!!! This long tassel lariat chain necklace can be worn multiple ways and I plan on trying each way with different outfits. This is the most expensive item in the box and finally something I want to keep for myself!)
- Mark. On the Dot Lip Palette, Sugg. retail $16 (I always have a hard time finding a lip color that I like on me, so I was excited to receive this compact of 9 glossy shades!)
- Carnelian Semi Precious Stone Ring, Sugg. retail $14 (No metals, it’s only made up of the semi-precious stone with a smooth polish. This ring is weird and a boring brown-ish color. Not my style so I will be selling this on ebay.)
- The Bravado Bracelet, Sugg. retail $12 (This bracelet does not sit right on the wrist due to the mixed materials. It is also very basic & not edgy enough for my style. I will be selling this on ebay.)
SocialBliss.com estimated a total value of $150. I paid $42.95 including shipping. (I purchased a 3-month subscription to save some money.) This is my 9th Style Box. Although SocialBliss.com FINALLY delivered a style I like, on the “main” item (tassel necklace)… Unfortunately they still included a purse I don’t like. The value of the 2 items I like, exceeds what I paid for the entire box, so the only thing that would make me happier, is if they included an animal themed item… or a purse/ bag I actually like!! If you are interested in giving it a try, go for a 3, 6 or 12 month subscription for the savings!!
I give this box 3 paws.
BarkBox promises to contain 4-6 treats, toys, and occasional hygiene products that are unique from anything they’ll ever send in later boxes. They hold extremely high standards for all the edible items, sourcing only from USA, Canada, South America and New Zealand. Inside this month’s Thanksgiving themed BarkBox:
- Petprojekt Dogmeat Turkey Leg, Retail $12 (This delicious looking squeaker toy is the perfect gift for my rotty on turkey day! However… it was not durable, as they stated in the info card. He tore a giant hole in it, breaking the squeak ability… within 5 minutes!)
- Wagatha’s Kitchen Sink, Retail $5 (These treats are made from organic bananas, pumpkin, cooked apples, carrots, roasted ground peanuts, flax seed, honey, sunflower seeds, apple cider vinegar, turmeric, cinnamon, ginger and allspice… “everything but the kitchen sink!” Bubba liked these treats!)
- Petmate Chef Heggies, Retail $10 (OMG… a hedgehog wearing an apron & chef hat?!?… dog toys can’t possibly get any cuter!! This toy was SO cute, I almost didn’t want to give it to Bubb LOL! Bubba bit the apron off almost immediately and the rest of the hedgehog lasted a couple of hours before I had to throw it away.)
- Feel Good Treat Company Slow Roasted Rosemary Turducken (Oat + Rice), Retail $6 (These treats are made with turkey, duck and chicken… and my Bubba gobbled these right up!)
$33 Total value and 4 items in this box. I paid $19 with my 6-month subscription. Bubba liked both of the treats which is always great! Again… I love that this box had 2 toys in it (incredibly adorable toys might I add!), but I would rather have just 1 toy that is durable enough for Bubba’s strong jaw, since I am signed up for the large breed box.
I give the November 2014 BarkBox 3 paws!
I am getting married in just 10 days… aaahhhh SO MUCH to do, which is why I haven’t reviewed much lately, …but… this review is quite unique and hopefully gives you all a creative idea for the holiday season!
Because my fiance’ and I cannot have our precious rottweiler, Bubba, at our wedding celebration, I decided to do some research online and see if I could get a cardboard cut-out made of him! So for the photo shoot, of course I went out and bought a doggy bib tuxedo (Petsmart, $20) that is TOO CUTE for words!! OMG seriously, isn’t he the cutest!?! I bought size L and the velcro closure bib fits perfect, but the cuff links wouldn’t velcro shut so I had to use big safety pins.
StumpsParty.com calls them “standee’s” and they come in several different sizes. I wanted mine to be life-like, so I purchased the “Larger than Lifesize” that stands 3′ tall. (It’s a little larger than Bubba is in real life, but you can only tell that when he’s standing right next it… which he won’t be.) First, you’ll see the actual photo I took and the second one is the photo of the actual “standee”.
The standee was $54.99, the shipping was $16.95, no tax, making the total $71.94… more than I would have liked to pay for cardboard… but we only get married once right? (Hopefully …LOL) It shipped out the day after I ordered it… and arrived in less than a week from when I placed the order! It arrived in a GIANT flat cardboard envelope-like box… which had dirty shoe marks ALL over it! Grrrrr… because of that, there was a slight crease in the cardboard/ photo/ cut-out by Bubb’s neck and the side of his face …not too noticeable, but unacceptable for a $72 piece of cardboard!!
Even though the standee has a crease and the photo coloring appears to be darker than the actual photo I uploaded onto their website,… I give this product and website 3 paws!
I am super excited to have cardboard Bubb with us at the wedding… and I plan on having him in my office at work afterwards LOL!
I hunted and hunted online, for the perfect cat condo for my new kitten Bentley and his big sister Sable and finally came across this gem! I was not interested in the typical brown and beige colored condos I see everywhere online and in pet stores… I wanted something more modern and chic! I Love how this condo has the black plush-like carpet and the black and white striped scratch posts are a very on-trend design feature. This was a local company, also in Florida, so I wanted to give them a chance even though I couldn’t find any reviews for the website online. I paid $112.99 total, which is an amazing deal for a 60″ tall cat condo! It arrived on time and was a simple transaction! It did require some assembly, but my fiance’ had nearly put it together already, by the time I came home from work! Because it needed to be assembled, the box was only as big as the base (length x width) and the height was as tall as the house and cylinder cubby next to each other.
Within 5 minutes of the condo being “up and running” cutie Bentley investigated it and jumped right up to the top to attack the dangling mouse toy (not pictured, because he detached it so quickly and ran off with it, with our rotty Bubba following closely behind to see what new toy he could steal away from Bentley LOL) Sable is a 14-yr old persian kitty, so she isn’t too interested in the condo… she had a different one back in her kitten days, so she’s been there done that LOL. Bentley however LOVES it! I have since moved it next to a window in the bedroom where he can look at the squirrels in the tree all day. He sleeps on it as well, most nights…. when he’s not nuzzling up to his best bud Bubba… OMG are they cute!!!
I give this website and the cat condo 4 paws!!