I bought this Argan Magic, 100% Pure Argan Oil for $9.99 at TJ Maxx… and was super excited to happen upon it, since I’ve heard of this skin product but hadn’t gotten around to trying it out! I found the same item and size (2 fl oz) on amazon & other beauty websites for 2 and 3 times as much as I paid!
Moroccan secret no more!! I am going to tell everyone I know about this oily gem! I’ve been testing this out for months now and I love the way it instantly makes my skin look! I pump less than a dime size amount into my hand, rub the palms of my hands together slightly and gently massage it onto my entire face. It is so amazing how it instantly brightens my skin and gives my cheeks this healthy rosy glow! That is probably my favorite part. If you put too much on, you will know because it will take a while to absorb into your skin. With the right amount, it absorbs quickly and is not greasy!
I absolutely feel like the argan oil brightens my complexion …and over time has made my skin soft & silky. Argan Magic also claims the oil “delays the appearance of wrinkles”… I can’t confirm that claim yet, but I hope they are right because I’ve added this product to my everyday beauty regimen!
I give this product 4 paws!!
The January 2015 box theme was “The Art of Minimalism”, and contained the following:
- The Studio Bag by Madison West, Sugg. Retail $45 (Another…Ugly…Boring… Bag. 9 of the 11 Style Boxes I’ve received have included a bag or clutch… and all 9 of them were awful. This crossbody bag has nothing special about it. I’ll be listing it on ebay.)
- Beauty Bliss Bag by Jacki Designs, Sugg. Retail $16 (They call this a “one-of-kind beauty bag”?!?… I call this mini make-up/ jewelry bag …basic… and a dime-a-dozen. I prefer a cute glittery zip up bag with a sassy phrase on it… like the ones you see at Victoria’s Secret. Those are about the same price AND usually include beauty samples!! I hope to sell this on ebay.)
- Crafted Pave Luxe Necklace & Earrings, Sugg. Retail $24 (They called this a “stunning statement piece” …LOL… are they serious?!? The 16″ chain necklace has a cute embellished barrel-shaped pendant… but is FAR from being a statement piece! I will likely layer this with other necklaces. As for the stud earrings included… I’ll be listing them on ebay. On a side note… the included info card, stated the necklace was gold-tone & gold was shown in the photo. I received silver-tone. I think I like the silver better!)
- “Bounded In Bliss” Notebook by Denik, Sugg. Retail $10 (This is cute pocket-sized notebook with a cover statement that is So me… but I still haven’t used the last notebook they included in October’s box.)
- Mix & Match Mini Manis by Ciate, Sugg. Retail $16 (My favorite part of this box! I love the itty bitty caviar pearl nail trend and I’m excited to give it a try! I got two, valued at $8 each… “deck the nails” and “frost yourself”. Look for this review very soon under my “nails” category!)
SocialBliss.com estimated a total value of $111. I paid $42.95 including shipping. (I purchased a 3-month subscription to save some money.) This is my 11th Style Box and I feel the value of the items I do like… is below what I paid… so once again I’m not happy with their monthly box. Because of this,… next month will be my last, as I’ve decided to cancel my subscription. If you are interested in giving it a try, go for a 3, 6 or 12 month subscription for the savings!
I give this box 2 paws.
I bought this plush musical birthday cake dog toy on amazon.com for only $5.99 and because I have amazon prime… shipping was free & the item arrived in 2 days! We gave this to Bubba on his first birthday… and he LOVED it! It is 5.5″ and plays happy birthday music when squeezed. Bubb was obsessed with this toy LOL… he would start the music with a bite of the toy and listen to it… then immediately bite it again to start it up… again and again and again. We heard the “Happy Birthday” tune SO much… that we had to put it away!! I would equate it to giving a child a drum set LOL. The adorable cake toy is still in perfect condition, so I’ve stashed it away, in hopes to give it to him on his second birthday… and many beyond that, if possible!
I highly recommend this product for your spoiled pup, so I give it 4 paws!!
I bought this on amazon.com for only $7.79 for the large size… which was such a great deal, given that I’ve seen it for twice that in pet stores… AND it comes with 3 squirrels and a hideaway tree stump!! I have amazon prime, so it shipped for free and arrived in only 2 days! This toy promises three things:
- Keeps pets occupied & eliminates boredom.
- Challenges & develops problem solving skills.
- Durable, reusable toy for long-lasting fun.
This did keep my Bubba occupied and he had a ton of fun with it… however I don’t think he ever suffers from boredom with his 9-month old kitten brother, Bentley… who keeps him entertained… and couple that with his mom & dad who smother him with tons of love!
It is a great interactive toy… Bubb figured out pretty quickly what this toy was all about… in only one round of him taking the squirrels out! I put them back in and he would take them right back out! It was SO adorable to watch him play with.
The last claim I’m having difficulty with. After a few rounds of taking the squirrels out, he focused only on the tree stump, chewing it beyond the point of the squirrels every hiding in there again! This was within hours of him playing with it. I was really sad because I wanted to order other little critters that I could shove in the hideaway stump! On another note… the 3 little squirrels have really hung in there and are small enough that Bubba & Bentley enjoy playing with those together! As you can see in the photo below, from the giant smile on Bubb’s face,… he loved the toy and that is what matters to me… even if it didn’t hold up to my durability standards.
I give this product 4 paws!
I love myself a liquid eye liner… and this one does not disappoint! I bought this at Sephora for $20 and have been “testing” it out for some time now & love it! It really does “Stay all day”. Although I have not tested the “waterproof” claim… I have teared up while watching a Hallmark movie or two over the holidays LOL… and the liner hung in there perfectly!
There are 15 color options available, but I don’t experiment too much with color liner… I stick with the blackest black. In this case, it’s “Intense black”. It has a flexible pointy tip that is great for precision and it goes on SO smooth! This is very similar to a Maybelline liquid liner I was using for a third of the price… but there is one big difference… the Maybelline liner did not last all day! It would eventually smudge off. As of now this Stila gem is my go-to liquid eye liner of choice!!
I give this product 4 paws!
I discovered Too Faced “Better Than Sex” mascara from a sample I got in SocialBliss.com’s ‘The Style Box’. I loved it SO much that I purchased this full size from Sephora, for $23. For me, that is a lot to pay for mascara when there are some other pretty great options for half the price…but,… I was getting married and treated myself to the best mascara my lashes have ever seen!
It is an intense black with an hourglass shaped brush that volumizes like I’ve never seen! After applying, It looks like my lashes tripled in quantity and doubled in length! It is very easy to overdo it with this mascara, so only 1 to 2 coats are needed to get that voluptuous look. I wear this all day… and at night it looks exactly the same as when I applied it in the morning! I also love the name of this mascara… it’s clever & cracks me up LOL!!
I give this product 4 paws!
I bought this Big Blue pot strainer by ‘Fred & Friends’ from amazon.com for $9.99. I originally saw it on fancy.com but it was sold out.
Not only is it in the shape of an Adorable whale…. I LOVE whales!… but it is possibly the best invention for straining I’ve ever encountered! I have a pasta pot with a strainer lid, specifically for straining and I have a couple other strainers (bowl style)… but they are such a pain in the butt to wash with all those holes! With “Big Blue”, you just hold it up against the pot (there is a ledge it rests against/ on) and pour out the liquid! it is that simple. No need to pour the contents into something else for straining! Making pasta is now a “whale of a good time!” LOL!!
I give this product 4 paws!