The January 2015 box theme was “The Art of Minimalism”, and contained the following:
- The Studio Bag by Madison West, Sugg. Retail $45 (Another…Ugly…Boring… Bag. 9 of the 11 Style Boxes I’ve received have included a bag or clutch… and all 9 of them were awful. This crossbody bag has nothing special about it. I’ll be listing it on ebay.)
- Beauty Bliss Bag by Jacki Designs, Sugg. Retail $16 (They call this a “one-of-kind beauty bag”?!?… I call this mini make-up/ jewelry bag …basic… and a dime-a-dozen. I prefer a cute glittery zip up bag with a sassy phrase on it… like the ones you see at Victoria’s Secret. Those are about the same price AND usually include beauty samples!! I hope to sell this on ebay.)
- Crafted Pave Luxe Necklace & Earrings, Sugg. Retail $24 (They called this a “stunning statement piece” …LOL… are they serious?!? The 16″ chain necklace has a cute embellished barrel-shaped pendant… but is FAR from being a statement piece! I will likely layer this with other necklaces. As for the stud earrings included… I’ll be listing them on ebay. On a side note… the included info card, stated the necklace was gold-tone & gold was shown in the photo. I received silver-tone. I think I like the silver better!)
- “Bounded In Bliss” Notebook by Denik, Sugg. Retail $10 (This is cute pocket-sized notebook with a cover statement that is So me… but I still haven’t used the last notebook they included in October’s box.)
- Mix & Match Mini Manis by Ciate, Sugg. Retail $16 (My favorite part of this box! I love the itty bitty caviar pearl nail trend and I’m excited to give it a try! I got two, valued at $8 each… “deck the nails” and “frost yourself”. Look for this review very soon under my “nails” category!)
SocialBliss.com estimated a total value of $111. I paid $42.95 including shipping. (I purchased a 3-month subscription to save some money.) This is my 11th Style Box and I feel the value of the items I do like… is below what I paid… so once again I’m not happy with their monthly box. Because of this,… next month will be my last, as I’ve decided to cancel my subscription. If you are interested in giving it a try, go for a 3, 6 or 12 month subscription for the savings!
I give this box 2 paws.