My hall closet is cluttered with gift wrap hanging organizers that are bursting at the seams and monopolizing some much needed space!
I’ve seen the Elfa Gift Wrap Door Rack in the Container Store catalogs …and have been eager to splurge on this pricey, but efficient organizing system. The Container Store has all of their Elfa products on sale for 30% off right now,… through March 2nd… so I bought it! I opted for the platinum color… but white is also available and… you can customize this to your own gift wrap needs. Here is what I bought and what you will need, to create my gift wrap organization bliss:
(kitty Bentley is not included or sold in stores LOL!!)
- Residential Overdoor Hook, $9.99 (on sale for $6.99!)
- 77-3/4″ Mounted Standard, $17.99 (on sale for $12.59!)
- Gift Wrap Rack Platinum, (2) at 9.99 each (on sale for $6.99 each! I actually had to go back for the 2nd one, because I didn’t account for the shorter wraps I have, that I pick up from the Target $1 section.)
- Deep Basket Platinum, (3) at $14.99 each (on sale for $10.49 each! Wine bags fit perfectly in this!)
- Shallow Basket Platinum, (2) at $12.99 each (on sale for $8.99 each!)
- Amac Box Clear 4″ square, (4) at $3.79 each (not part of the Elfa system… but 4 fit perfectly in the basket! Great tip from one of their awesome employees!)
- Large Document Case, (2) at $11.99 each (these were on sale too, for $7.99 each, even though they aren’t part of the Elfa system either! These are what I used to contain all of my gift bags, boxes and tissue paper… on my new shelf!!)
Total cost at full price is $158.05, plus tax… and the total with the 30% off Elfa sale is $114.15, plus tax! It was fairly easy to install… with only a little help needed from my Hubby on locking the “Mounted Standard” to the top and bottom Elfa Overdoor Hooks. The only tool needed is an allen wrench… and is included in the hook package. The instructions are only a series of pictures… no written instruction. The pictures instruct you to lock in the top hook first… but that did not work for us. The bottom hook has a very specific angle in which it needs to be installed into the Standard, so I suggest you start with the bottom hook and then lock in the top hook as we finally did. Another tip: The baskets don’t sit flush over the portions of the Standard where circular holes exist. You will need to lock your baskets in above or below those or they will be wobbly. It took about 15-20 minutes to set up,… and I was finally ready to load it up with wrap goodies! Here is the final organized result…
I’m now able to have a shelf over the vacuum —which my Daddy put in— he is the handiest man I know! It is unreal the additional storage space I now have on that shelf from utilizing the door for storage also! I love wrapping presents & gifting my friends and family with fabulously wrapped packages, so I am super excited to have it be so organized. I even have space for MORE wrapping paper roll options! This Elfa Gift Wrap System is so spectacular… I can hardly contain myself!!
I give this 4 paws!!