BarkBox promises to contain 4-6 dog treats, toys, and occasional hygiene products that are unique from anything they’ll ever send in later boxes. They hold extremely high standards for all the edible items, sourcing only from USA, Canada, South America and New Zealand. Inside this month’s Mardi Gras themed BarkBox:
- Feel Good Treat Company Cajun Jambalaya, Retail $7 (Oven baked & gluten-free with chicken, pork and shrimp. Bubba likes these and there are a lot of treats in the bag!)
- Delca Jester Ball, Retail $9 (I was really excited to see this toy in the box, because under it’s adorable jester outfit is a ball I know Bubb won’t destroy in 5 minutes, because we have another one. I’m unsure of the material but it looks like clear silicone with spikes all over it. The info card says they added an exclusive sound box that “howls with laughter when pups chomp down & release” …sadly Bubba’s toy did not do that once. But it’s very durable… some of the fabric has been chewed off, but the ball itself is still intact!)
- Butcher’s Block Bully Stick, Retail $4 (10″ and 100% digestable… Bubb always loves this staple to the Bark Box. He runs off with it in excitement and enjoys it in private for fear it will be taken away LOL. He is so silly!)
- Harry Barker Stuffed Mardi Gras Mask with Rope, Retail $14 (The most expensive item in the box, and although extremely cute, it lasted under 2 minutes before Bubb had the rope bit off on both ends and was tearing into the mask portion. “Endless entertainment” they say… Yea right!! Such a disappointment.)
- Le Petit Treat King Cake Biscuit, Retail $6 (These adorable cookie-like treats are peanut butter flavor & in the shape of hearts! He definitely likes these! Only about 10 in the box though.)
$40 Total value and 5 items in this box. I paid $19 with my 6-month subscription. Bubba really liked all of the treats and toys, However… another month with a toy unsuitable for aggressive chewers! It is a great value and the theme was super adorable, …but I can’t give 4 paws due to the Harry Barker rope toy.
I give the February 2015 BarkBox 3 paws.