I am SO obsessed with this nail look… and with this super fuzzy crowned chick that “spoke” to me at Pier 1 imports and followed me home LOL! I bought these bunny nail decals about 6 months ago from the NailSpin shop on Etsy.com for $6. You can buy these and more at: https://www.etsy.com/shop/NailSpin.
- I started with 1 coat of OPI natural nail base coat
- Then, I applied 2 coats of Essie Blanc nail polish, (a really great white polish, $6 from CVS!)
- I let my nails dry completely… and applied the decals hours later.
The decals came with simple application instructions… and they were right, Tweezers came in handy!
- I first cut around all the bunny designs I wanted to use (background is clear).
- One by one, I soaked them for 10-15 seconds in a tupperware filled with a 1/2 inch of water.
- Once I removed the decal from the water, the image slid right off of the white backing paper.
- I dipped my fingernail in water, to prevent the decal from sticking while I positioned it.
- When I was happy with the placement, I carefully dabbed off the excess water so the decal would lay flat.
- After I applied bunnies on all 10 nails, I applied 1 coat of OPI top coat.
- 15 minutes later I applied a second coat of OPI top coat.
The result… these super adorable critter nails!
(I have my kitty Bentley to thank for that ugly scratch on my wrist… He is just way too cute to get mad at though LOL!)
I just love ALL things critter themed… so it’s no surprise that I’m obsessing over this. Having cute little bunnies on my nails just brightens my day!! This is my first venture into the world of nail decals… and let’s just say I’m hooked! I had no idea how easy they were to apply and how detailed and realistic looking they could be! When I bought these decals, I also bought some grumpy cat ones… OMG I am so excited to do a nail design with those!
I give this Essie polish & the NailSpin bunny decals 4 furry paws!!!
I purchased this Yes To Blueberries Age Refresh smoothing daily cleanser from my second home… Target (LOL), on sale for $4.98 (regularly $9.99). This was my first “Yes To” skin care purchase and trial. I probably shouldn’t have picked an item with “New & Improved” on the packaging… because the product was obviously not that great to begin with.
After more than a month of using this cleanser, it’s safe to say that whatever was “improved”… was not enough! Being that it is “formulated with coconut + blueberries for a gentle cleanse”, I assumed it would have a fruity tropical scent… but it doesn’t. There is a faint hint of orange, but it’s masked by an unpleasant scent, reminiscent of the freebie mini lotion you’d find in a basic hotel room. My skin is not sensitive or prone to acne, so I prefer an exfoliant, which this is not… but I knew that when I purchased it. This paraben-free cleanser didn’t appear to do very much, if anything, for my skin… and I certainly think the “Age refresh” claim is a bit of a stretch!! I’ll just stick to drinking red wine for a dose of anti-oxidant rich fruits, to help fight the signs of aging LOL!
Since my facial cleanser has the shortest amount of time to do it’s job, I feel it’s important to get one that packs a punch & contains the right mix of ingredients to slough away dead skin cells and dirt… quickly! This one simply doesn’t do it for me.
I give this product 1 paw.
I bought these 10 fl. oz. size Macadamia Natural Oil hair care products at Marshalls. The Rejuvenating Shampoo was $9.99 and the Moisturizing Rinse was $12.99. I found the duo on amazon.com for $29.49, in case you can’t find it at your local Marshalls. They are both Color-Safe (I haven’t colored my hair since 2006), Paraben-Free and Sulfate-Free.
“Filled with Omega 3, 5 and 7, Macadamia Oil mimics your scalp’s natural oil production to renew dry, damaged and color-treated hair of all textures.”
After using both products in conjunction on my hair for the past couple months or so, I can report that I don’t Love this shampoo and conditioner duo for my straight brunette hair. They aren’t bad products… and seemed to clean my hair just fine… they just didn’t provide the light-weight, luxurious feeling that other products have. It does leave my hair soft & manageable as promised… making it very easy to brush through when wet. Not having to use a detangler on my long hair saves me valuable time when getting ready! It has a fresh light scent that smells great from the bottle and while washing my hair… but the scent does not last. I love the hair care products that make my hair smell delicious until my next wash! So although these are good hair care products, I would likely not purchase them again. If a lasting scent doesn’t matter to you, then it may be worth a try, to see if these products are fit for your hair type!
I give this duo 3 paws.
Joss & Main curates flash sales that showcase specific design styles, seasons and trends for it’s members. It’s free to join and have access to up to 70% off retail on housewares, furniture, decor, giftables, jewelry and more! I bought this purchase via the Joss & Main app on my cell phone. It was such an easy shopping experience and transaction!! Because I ordered items from multiple sales, …I received multiple packages. Both packages shipped on time, arrived early and were packaged to perfection! These are the must-have items I just couldn’t pass up!…
- Owl Studs, $19.95 (I just love owls!!)
- Double-Sided Studs in Purple Marble, $21.95 (Also referred to as 360 studs… I love this new trend & had a hard time finding unique ones like these… at this low price!)
- Double-Sided Studs in Pave & Turquoise, $20.95 (I love these in this gorgeous turquoise… what a hot find!!)
- Set of 4 “The dog is Home” Stemless Wine Glasses, $30.95 (These are just the cutest… etched with “It’s not really drinking alone if… the dog is home” LOL. I love these!!… since I spend many nights watching TV on the couch with a glass of wine, cuddled next to my rotty, Bubba. So one is for me, and I’m going to re-gift the others to 3 lucky people! With a mini wine bottle and a dark chocolate treat inside …A perfect gift for the many wine loving dog owners I know LOL!)
Shipping is a flat rate of $9.95 and then you get free shipping for the next 30 days. I paid $103.75 total for the above items, including the shipping.
I give the Joss & Main shopping experience, website and App 4 paws!
This is my first PopSugar Must Have box and review. I did my research on previous boxes and liked what I saw… so I finally signed up! This is “a monthly delivery of fabulous surprises, curated by POPSUGAR Editor in Chief Lisa Sugar”.
- Dabney Lee Dottie Umbrella, Sugg. Retail $20, (I have so many umbrellas, so I think I’m going to re-gift this to my Grandma, for her upcoming birthday, in a very creative way… a Pinterest idea of course LOL. Look for this DIY gift idea review very soon!)
- One Love Organics Gardenia & Tea Antioxidant Body Serum, Sugg. Retail $39 (I always love new body care products, so I’m excited to try this “Luxurious serum, Infused with antioxidants and other superstar ingredients”. Look for this product review in the coming months!)
- Produce Candles Rhubarb Spring Candle, Sugg. Retail $20 (OMG, this is the most amazing smelling candle…like a field of strawberries… and it’s packaged adorably in a mason jar! A 35% off coupon at producecandles.com also included.)
- Flip & Tumble 24-7 Bag, Sugg. Retail $12 (Made of reliable ripstop nylon, this reusable bag easily transforms from a ball to a bag —no folding or zipping necessary! Love this… and so does the environment! A 20% off coupon at flipandtumble.com also included.)
- Potting Shed Creations Garden-in-a-Bag Basil, Sugg. Retail $10 (Bag instructions claim that after following their simple instructions, in 6 weeks, I’ll have sweet tasting certified organic basil, ready for use …straight off the plant! My hubby is the green thumb, so i’ll leave him in charge of this project LOL!)
- Mott 50 $25 Gift Card (“Mott 50 created a light-weight clothing line with a 50 ultraviolet protection factor to combat harmful UVA and UVB rays.” Upon checking out the website… they’ve got an adorable white, poly twill blend, drawstring beach pant that I’ve got my eye on!)
$126 Total value. I paid $112.19 for a 3-month subscription, which includes free shipping & $5 off, using coupon code: REFER5. That is just $37.40 per box!! 1-month and 6-month purchase options are also available. To me, the best part of this subscription box is that I’m getting introduced to brands and products I didn’t know existed.. at really great prices!
If you want to give it a try, you can sign up here: http://popsu.gr/vrbQ
I give this box 4 paws!
I’ve been using the Sally Hansen Nail Polish Strips, pretty much since they first debuted on shelves years ago, so I was glad to see they came out with the pedicure version. I bought these #301, “Snake, Rattle & Roll” at my local CVS store last year, so I’m not sure exactly how much I paid.
There were 5 different patterns in the collection, …which I’m not even sure if they’re in production anymore, since I haven’t seen them lately in stores. However, I did find them being sold by various sellers on amazon.com and ebay.com for under $10 each.
These polish strip kits come with a mini nail file & buffer, cuticle stick, 18 strips in lots of sizes and instructions. They are so easy to apply & could take 15-30 minutes, depending on the prep time you took with filing & cuticle adjustments. Plus there is no dry time, ..perfect for us last-minute stylish girls on the go! Here’s what my polished toes looked like (in my fave fuzzy slippers from Target LOL) immediately after application:
These wraps really hold up, with no chipping, even while my tiny “piggy” toes are rubbing against straps while in my 5″ stilettos for a 9 hour work day! I also bought the pink snakeskin design “Pink Boa”, which is another fabulous print. See my review on “Sally Hansen Salon Effects Real Nail Polish Strips” for more info and detailed tips on my experiences with the Sally Hansen real polish strips. I love these and wish they’d come out with some new designs… but if not… I may be able to use the kits meant for fingernails… on my toes!
I give these 4 paws!
I bought this Kardashian Beauty “Stroke of Midnight” mascara (love the clever name!) in #402 Ultimate Black for $9.99 at CVS.com. I used a coupon I received for “30% off total online purchase at CVS.com”, which dropped the price to only $7. I purchased a different Kardashian Beauty mascara in a CVS store about a year ago and loved it, …but sadly I can’t find that specific one in stores or anywhere online.
This is a pretty great “every day” mascara. It doesn’t give a va va voom voluptuous look of falsies, but it does create a stellar voluminous natural look. The brush is designed fabulously because the mascara doesn’t clump at all …and it separates my lashes perfectly so that it looks like I have twice as many! I would absolutely buy this mascara again… and I may buy it quickly so that it doesn’t disappear forever like the other one!
I give this product 4 paws!