What is the most practical wedding gift when the bride and groom are in their 30’s, own a home and are already living in an established household?!… cards containing a monetary gift! I wanted to come up with a creative way to house those wonderful gifts… so I decided to make this mailbox! I saw variations of this project on pinterest, but I put my own creative spin on it. For this project, I used the following:
- Architectural black metal mailbox 20.8″L x 6.6″W x 8.8″H, $27 from Lowes.com
- White scrapbook sticker letters (I had these on hand)
- Cardboard cut-out letters, silver with rhinestone detail (I had these on hand)
- Rhinestone letter stickers (I had these on hand)
- E6000 adhesive (I had this on hand, but I bought it at Michaels)
This was a super simple project! Because the mailbox already had the straight line embossments on it,… it was extremely easy to make sure the letters were applied in a straight line. Most scrapbook letters are repositionable, if you don’t press down firmly on them. So when making sure the letters are centered left to right, loosely position the sticker letters on the mailbox, adjust until centered and then press firmly on them to secure their position. I secured the cardboard cut-out Mr and Mrs letters with E6000 adhesive.
If your local Michaels or other craft store is anything like mine,… they have a whole aisle of sticker, rhinestone and cardboard cut-out letters to choose from, …so you can customize your mailbox to your wedding color scheme!
I give this craft project 4 paws!
Dog toy #5 of 7, from my recent trip to Marshalls is so far one of the top two from the haul! I gave this to my 75-lb. rottweiler, Bubba, over a week ago & it impressively is 100% intact after hours and hours of play. Made by Best Supplies, Inc… I paid $4 for this squeaky TPR dog toy that not only supports dental health… but also surprisingly smells of vanilla! I was able to find similar items online, and Bubb even has a few of these spiky ball varieties already, but I couldn’t find this exact toy anywhere.
This dental ball with a critter face on it, is squeezable and creates a super high-pitched squeak noise. So high-pitched, that this toy should come with ear plugs LOL! Made of non-toxic safe materials, this toy is perfect for a heavy-chewer dog that loves to play fetch!
OMG just look at the adorable smile on his precious face …he is such a happy pup!
I give this dog toy 4 paws!!
Dog toy #4 of 7, from my recent trip to Marshalls is another Caitec brand toy… not as durable as I assumed it would be. I paid $4 for this Play-It Ribcage with Ball dog toy …which is more than 50% savings from the $10-$12 price tag I found online from other stores, for the same exact product. My 75-lb. rottweiler, Bubba, only got to play with this toy for about 10 minutes before I had to take it away.
Although this is an innovative pet product, it’s not made of high quality material for a heavy-chewer dog, like my rottweiler Bubba. The ribcage is 4″ and the ball is 2.5″, so it was way too easy for Bubb to get the ball out of the ribcage. To keep him engaged in the toy, I put a standard sized tennis ball in the ribcage… which was much more efficient… however, it caused Bubb to chew through the ribcage to release the tennis ball, since it was a tighter fit.
Although the included foam ball was intended to hold treats, it still didn’t hold the attention of Bubb because it easily fell out of the ribcage due to it’s size. I thought a tennis ball would be the solution, but he chewed off a few chunks of the ribcage rubber in under 10 minutes, so I had to take this toy away.
I give this dog toy 1 paw.
BarkBox promises to contain 4-6 dog treats, toys, and occasional hygiene products that are unique from anything they’ll ever send in later boxes. They hold extremely high standards for all the edible items, sourcing only from USA, Canada, South America and New Zealand. Inside this month’s Fitness themed BarkBox:
- Planet Dog Diamond Plate Ball, Retail $12 (Over a month later and this toy is still 100% intact! It is extremely durable and has ridiculous bounce… Bubba really loves this toy!)
- TurboPup Complete K9 Meal Bar, Retail $5 (This is a perfect for when you are on the go with your pup during meal time. Made with 100% natural, human grade and American sourced ingredients,… Bubb seemed to really enjoy this and left no crumbs behind!)
- Sojo’s Simply Lamb, Retail $10 (Bubb likes these freeze-dried lamb treats, but they are small pieces… not ideal for treating a 75-lb rottweiler, so I usually give him a few at a time.)
- Etta Says Elk Chew, Retail $3 (Bubb has had this before… these chew sticks are some of his favorite treats.)
- Kyjen Tuff Guys Mat, Retail $2 (A “tuff guy” toy whose muscles squeak and crinkle… such an adorable toy for this fitness themed box! It lasted a few days before he started pulling the “muscles” out, I would say it has a medium durability level for my heavy-chewer rotty.)
$32 Total value and 5 items in this box. I paid $19 with my 6-month subscription. I love this month’s fitness theme …and Bubba got all pumped up over his new toys and treats!
I give the April 2015 BarkBox 4 paws.
Dog toy #3 of 7, from my recent trip to Marshalls is sadly not as durable as I assumed it would be. I paid $4 for this Chase ‘n Chomp Rattlin’ Shakin’ Ball …which is the exact pricing I found online from other stores, for the same product. My 75-lb. rottweiler, Bubba, only got to play with this toy for about 10 minutes before I had to take it away.
Bubb concentrated more on the “chomp” aspect of this toy,… rather than the “chase”. Like most dogs, he is fascinated with toys that make noise… so the rattling sound inspired him to focus all of his energy on chewing his way to the center of the ball, in order to get to the source of the rattling LOL.
This “sturdy” rubber ball dog toy has zero durability for my heavy chewer Rotty and although it’s made of “all natural” rubber,… I still don’t want Bubb to ingest any of it… which is what was about to go down… had I not taken the toy away! He had chewed off a few chunks of the so-called “sturdy” rubber in under 10 minutes.
I give this dog toy 1 paw.
This is my 2nd PopSugar Must Have box and review. This is “a monthly delivery of fabulous surprises, curated by POPSUGAR Editor in Chief Lisa Sugar”.
- Sisters of Los Angeles Surf Sand Love Beach Towel, Sugg. Retail $40 (Cute beach towel, and in Florida… one can never have too many… But… it feels more like a $20 towel. It’s not over-sized OR thick, super-soft cotton… qualities that warrant me spending $40 on a beach towel!)
- Middle Kingdom Mini Plum Vase in Coral Red, Sugg. Retail $20 (I’m not a fan of the coral red color of this vase, since my home decor is on the other side of the color spectrum… greys, black, white, blue and green. But… this would make a great gift, so I’ll put some fresh flowers in it… and brighten someone’s day!)
- Kitsch Tri’d & True Y-Shaped Necklace, Sugg. Retail $32 (My favorite item in the box!! I love Y-Shaped necklaces because they are perfect for layering… and this one is simply adorable with the triangle charm at the end of the silver plated 36-inch chain!)
- Sage & Row Bare Shave Cream, Sugg. Retail $17 (I’ve actually been on the hunt for a new shave cream, so I’m excited to try this out. Look for my review on this in the near future!)
- Batiste Dry Shampoo, Sugg. Retail $4 (Dry shampoo is all the craze right now, so I’ll be testing out this cherry scented travel size to see what all the buzz is about! Look for my review on this in the near future!)
- Hammond’s Candies McCraw’s Flat Taffy, Sugg. Retail $1 (I don’t like taffy… but my hubby sure does! He could barely contain himself, anxiously awaiting a taste, while I staged the photo for this blog post LOL. He gobbled it up in minutes and said it was yum!)
$114 Total value. I paid $112.19 for a 3-month subscription, which includes free shipping & $5 off, using coupon code: REFER5. That is just $37.40 per box!! 1-month and 6-month purchase options are also available. To me, the best part of this subscription box is that I’m getting introduced to brands and products I didn’t know existed.. at really great prices!
If you want to give it a try, you can sign up here: http://popsu.gr/vrbQ
I give this box 4 paws!
Dog toy #2 from my recent trip to Marshalls is 100% still intact and Bubba’s been playing with it for 5 days! At only $4 …this was another great deal, compared to the $8 price tag I found for the same thing online. This is the medium size, at 4.5″ x 2.75″ x 8″ and is perfect for Bubb, who is almost 2 years old and 75 lbs.
Made of extra heavy-duty tennis ball material for strong chewers, with the added bonus of an easy to fetch & carry handle design of a kettle ball.
This kettle ball dog toy has maximum durability for my heavy chewer Rotty and it makes him supremely happy!
I give this dog toy 4 paws!!