BarkBox promises to contain 4-6 dog treats, toys, and occasional hygiene products that are unique from anything they’ll ever send in later boxes. They hold extremely high standards for all the edible items, sourcing only from USA, Canada, South America and New Zealand. Inside this month’s “Garden Pawty” themed BarkBox:
- Healthy Dogma Whitefish Barkers, Retail $8 (Bubba did NOT like these! He started to eat it, but promptly spit it all back up and wouldn’t touch it again.)
- Butcher’s Block Trachea, Retail $2 (This is always a win with Bubb. He’s had them before from the BarkBox and I’ve re-purchased them because he loves ’em so much!)
- Nootie No Grainers Jerky Hickory Bacon, Retail $12 (Bubb eats these, but I can tell they aren’t his favorite, because it takes a while for him to eat one. He doesn’t typically like bacon flavored treats… and that’s probably because we spoil him with bites of real bacon, when we have it!)
- R2P Bumblebee Silly Bum, Retail $7 (This bottom half/ bum of a bumblebee is actually a cute dog toy & lasted a few days before Bubb finally broke through to the stuffing. On a durability scale of 1 to 10, 10 being super durable, this toy was a 4 for my Rotty.)
- P.L.A.Y., Inc. Large Butterfly, Retail $15 (I thought for sure that this butterfly toy would last 24 hours or less, but it’s proven to be quite durable! It’s been just over a week since we’ve given it to him and for the most part it’s still intact. He did chew one corner and we had to take the squeaker out on day 5… but it’s impressively held up great & is still safe for him to play with!)
As BarkBox promised, this bumblebee bum toy buzzed its way right into Bubba’s heart!
I knew the butterfly became a favorite when Bubb adorably cuddled it during a nap. OMG he is just SO cute!!
$44 Total value and 5 items in this box. I paid $19 with my 6-month subscription. I love this month’s “garden pawty” theme …BarkBox always comes up with the cutest phrases on the info card… this month: “No mixing tea time with pee time” LOL! Even though Bubba only liked 1 of the 3 treats, the value of what he did like was still more than what I paid …and the smiles on his face are worth every penny!
I give the May 2015 BarkBox 4 paws.