This is my 5th PopSugar Must Have box and review. This is “a monthly delivery of fabulous surprises, curated by POPSUGAR Editor in Chief Lisa Sugar”. The August 2015 Box contained the following:
- American Colors Mediterranean Plaid Scarf, Sugg. Retail $79 (This scarf is made from 100% cotton gauze, so it’s ultra-soft and the double-sided plaid prints are adorably chic. Not something I would typically pick out in a store for myself… but I like it!)
- Royal Apothic Tea Balm Firming Eye Treatment, Sugg. Retail $36 (I’m mildly obsessed with firming eye creams/ treatments & I haven’t tried this one… so look for this review in my skin care section in the coming months!)
- Pastel Best Day Ever Mug, Sugg. Retail $12 (I love a motivational mug… and it’s dishwasher safe!)
- Happy Jackson Yay Lunch! Lunch Box, Sugg. Retail $10 (This is not dishwasher or microwave safe… but it’s perfect for snacks you don’t need to heat up. The design is so cute & I love that it says “Yay Lunch!” LOL.)
- Southern Culture Shortstacks Pancake & Waffle Mix, Sugg. Retail $8 (Birthday cake flavored pancakes and/ or waffles just sounds flat-out delicious… I’m super excited this made it into this month’s box!)
- Meri Meri Toot Sweet Pink Stripe Napkins, Sugg. Retail $6 (They are just striped napkins… I will use them… but they weren’t an exciting addition to the box.)
- MyYogaWorks 3-Month Trial, Sugg. Retail $45 (This website has over 700 online classes! I can’t wait to get started on this unlimited 3-month trial!)
- Folgers Iced Cafe Caramel Macchiato Flavored Coffee Drink Concentrate, Sugg. Retail $5 (I’m not a coffee drinker, but my hubby is… and he loves caramel macchiato… so I gave him this item, that was a “Special Extra!” in the box.)
$201 approximate Total value!! I pay $39.95 per month, which includes free shipping. At no additional savings, 3-month and 6-month purchase options are also available. This is so far the highest valued box since I joined in April. I am definitely going to continue my subscription, so that I can discover more new brands and products I like at an incredible price!
If you want to give it a try, use code REFER5 for $5 off and sign up here: http://popsu.gr/vrbQ
I give this box 4 paws.
The Ross store I went to, actually had a pretty decent selection of dog toys… who knew?! I of course was in there for a completely different reason and ended up buying my precious Bubba 2 toys LOL! I purchased this ASPCA 6 squeaker Pixel Kitties toy for $4.99. I found the same thing online for $6.99 from 13deals.com and dealsplus.com, but to be honest… I would pay more, directly from the ASPCA, if I knew the money was going to a good cause. I will always support the cause to rescue & help animals in need!!
I love how Bubba cuddles his new toys. With it’s 6 squeakers… it kept him very busy!!
The fabric is not very durable, so my rotty punctured through to a few of the squeakers relatively quickly. I always keep an eye on Bubba when he seems to be intently chewing on a toy, so I can be sure he doesn’t ingest anything he shouldn’t be… if you purchase this toy for your medium to aggressive chewing pup… I suggest you do the same!
This toy is VERY cute and even though the squeakers are now removed, Bubba still loves to play with it …. his adorable smiling face is proof!
I give this dog toy 3 paws.
This dog toy is bounce-tastic!! OMG I can’t even believe the bounce factor on this toy… Bubba loves how it bounces SO wildly! I purchased this large size Kong Jump ‘N Jack from DrsFosterSmith.com for $10.99… comparable to other websites, but I found it slightly cheaper on amazon.com …at $8.79. It’s made in the USA… a great rarity. It’s made of durable rubber, capable to hold treats… and cleans teeth! The “denta-ridges reduce plaque, while providing a gentle abrasive cleaning and conditioning of teeth and gums”.
This multi-functional toy is perfect for my heavy-chewer rotty! Absolutely, 100% worth every penny and I highly suggest you purchase this toy for your pup!
I give this dog toy 4 paws!
BarkBox promises to contain 4-6 dog treats, toys, and occasional hygiene products that are unique from anything they’ll ever send in later boxes. They hold extremely high standards for all the edible items, sourcing only from USA, Canada, South America and New Zealand. Inside this month’s “Circus” themed BarkBox:
- Butcher’s Block LLC Trachea Chew, Retail $3 (This has been in several other boxes… but that is OK because Bubb loves them… SO much, that I actually bought a large bag of them from my local grocery store.)
- Nootie Hickory Bacon Jerky Chews, Retail $10 (These were also in the May box and Bubba did not like them. So I’m not too excited to see these as a repeat item.)
- BarkMade Chicken Biscuits, Retail $8 (Bubba likes these heart-shaped treats… Healthy Dogma custom made them for BarkBox pups.)
- FabDog Circus Ticket, Retail $12 (This toy wasn’t very durable… Bubba punctured a hole in it within hours and I had to take all the stuffing & squeakers out. As a stuffing-free toy, it has lasted longer! It’s still around the house and is a go-to toy for Bubb right now.)
- BarkMade Circus Elephant, Retail $13 (Eugene the elephant is such an adorable toy! His headpiece was the first to go… Bubb had that removed on day 1… as well as the tail and ears… and shortly after that, …the trunk. This toy had medium to light durability for my rotty.)
$46 Total value and 5 items in this box. I paid only $19 for it, with my 6-month subscription. I was a little disappointed to see a repeat item in the box… especially one that Bubb doesn’t like.
I was also a little surprised by the circus theme, with all the constant media over mistreated circus animals. I haven’t been to a circus since hearing of the animal cruelty and unacceptable living conditions that go on behind the scenes of circus troupes such as Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey. Do your research before you decide to buy circus tickets!! I refuse to fund the abuse of animals and so should you!
I give the July 2015 BarkBox 2 paws.
This is my 4th PopSugar Must Have box and review. This is “a monthly delivery of fabulous surprises, curated by POPSUGAR Editor in Chief Lisa Sugar”. The July 2015 Box contained the following:
- Henri Bendel Signature Stripe Canvas Dopp Kit, Sugg. Retail $28 (This travel case is water-resistant and expandable. I’m not crazy about the brown & white stripe design, so since I already have a couple other travel cases in various sizes… I’ll be listing this on ebay. Henri Bendel 20% off online coupon code also included in the box, but after visiting the website, I’m not sure if I’ll be using it.)
- Supergoop! Defense Refresh Setting Mist SPF 50, Sugg. Retail $28 (This 3 in 1 mist claims to deliver SPF 50 protection, set makeup and control oil and shine, giving skin a flawless matte finish. I’ll be testing this product, so look for my review in the coming months!)
- Sorial Card Case, Sugg. Retail $28 (This lightweight card case is not typically something I would use, since I overpack for everything LOL. This also included an online coupon code for $25 off my next purchase, but again, I didn’t see anything that interested me. I will be selling this on ebay.)
- PopDental Portable Toothbrush, Sugg. Retail $19.99 (This toothbrush claims to deliver 22,000 brush strokes per minute. I’ve used Sonicare toothbrushes for at least a decade and they have about 31,000 brush stokes per minute and are also portable enough for travel. I don’t see a need for this, so I will likely list it on ebay.)
- Yes To Blueberries Cleansing Facial Wipes, Sugg. Retail $5.99 (I love facial cleansing wipes because they are so convenient! I need to test these out, so look for my review in the coming months!)
- The Good Bean Fruit & No-Nut Bar, Chocolate Berry!, Sugg. Retail $1.99 (Packed with protein-rich chickpeas instead of nuts, this bar is lower in fat and calories… and it’s tasty too!)
- Hallmark Signature Greeting Cards, Sugg. Retail $18.97 (This is a “Special Extra!” in the box. The package included 3 uniquely different cards, 1 adorned with paper flowers & rhinestones, 1 with a chic white dimensional pineapple and 1 with a gorgeous patterned slim box that detaches to hang up like a tiny picture. Perfect for adding a photo or lettering on the front to personalize it. I will definitely gift these to 3 special recipients.)
$131 approximate Total value. I pay $39.95 per month, which includes free shipping. At no additional savings, 3-month and 6-month purchase options are also available. Although I wasn’t over-the-moon about any of the items in this months box, I am still going to continue my month to month subscription, in hopes that I’ll discover more new brands and products I like at a great price!
If you want to give it a try, use code REFER5 for $5 off and sign up here: http://popsu.gr/vrbQ
I give this box 3 paws.
- 35 Billion… the number of plastic bottles Americans throw away every year.
- 90… the percentage of trash that is plastic, floating on the ocean’s surface.
- 46,000… the number of plastic pieces per square mile, in the great pacific garbage patch (located off the coast of California), which is the largest ocean garbage site in the world and twice the size of Texas!
- 1 Million… the number of sea birds killed annually from plastic in our oceans.
- 100,000… the number of marine mammals killed annually from plastic in our oceans.
- 500-1,000… the number of years it takes for plastic to degrade. (Virtually every piece of plastic ever made, still exists in some capacity, with the exception of the small amount that has been incinerated.)
- 93… the percentage of Americans, age six or older, that test positive for the plastic chemical BPA.
These startling facts and many more are courtesy of EcoWatch.com. It is SO important that this enormous issue gets the concern of every person on earth!
Recycling your plastic is a great place to start, but my husband and I took it a step further about 2 years ago… when we decided to give plastic water bottles the boot for good! We drink A LOT of water, so we would go through about two 24 packs of bottled water… a week! That is about 2,500 plastic bottles a year! We each have 5 various Bubba BPA-free bottles and mugs from their large product line, that we fill every day with filtered water. The insulated mug pictured in this post, is my latest addition to my collection and is one of my favorites, because my ice water stays ice cold until the very last drop hours later! Although it’s 32-oz capacity is large, the design allows it to still fit in my cars cup holder. I haven’t had a need to use the bottle opener on the bottom of the handle, but I bet it will come in handy one day. I purchased this from amazon.com for $14.98, but the return on investment is invaluable!
I feel so good, that every year there are 2,500 less plastic bottles being added to the landfills because of our simple lifestyle change! A change that is not only better for the planet, AND healthier for us… but it also saves us about $550 a year!!
I give this product 4 paws!!