I am SO obsessed with this nail look… and with this super fuzzy crowned chick that “spoke” to me at Pier 1 imports and followed me home LOL! I bought these bunny nail decals about 6 months ago from the NailSpin shop on Etsy.com for $6. You can buy these and more at: https://www.etsy.com/shop/NailSpin.
- I started with 1 coat of OPI natural nail base coat
- Then, I applied 2 coats of Essie Blanc nail polish, (a really great white polish, $6 from CVS!)
- I let my nails dry completely… and applied the decals hours later.
The decals came with simple application instructions… and they were right, Tweezers came in handy!
- I first cut around all the bunny designs I wanted to use (background is clear).
- One by one, I soaked them for 10-15 seconds in a tupperware filled with a 1/2 inch of water.
- Once I removed the decal from the water, the image slid right off of the white backing paper.
- I dipped my fingernail in water, to prevent the decal from sticking while I positioned it.
- When I was happy with the placement, I carefully dabbed off the excess water so the decal would lay flat.
- After I applied bunnies on all 10 nails, I applied 1 coat of OPI top coat.
- 15 minutes later I applied a second coat of OPI top coat.
The result… these super adorable critter nails!
(I have my kitty Bentley to thank for that ugly scratch on my wrist… He is just way too cute to get mad at though LOL!)
I just love ALL things critter themed… so it’s no surprise that I’m obsessing over this. Having cute little bunnies on my nails just brightens my day!! This is my first venture into the world of nail decals… and let’s just say I’m hooked! I had no idea how easy they were to apply and how detailed and realistic looking they could be! When I bought these decals, I also bought some grumpy cat ones… OMG I am so excited to do a nail design with those!
I give this Essie polish & the NailSpin bunny decals 4 furry paws!!!