I bought this ball shaped lamb dog toy on amazon.com for $9.68. It’s made of Berber fleece and corduroy plush …and it squeaks! This toy is durable enough for my heavy-chewer rotty, Bubba. It was several weeks before Bubb punctured through to the stuffing! After I removed the squeaker and all the stuffing… it is still going strong as a stuffing-free toy & still one of Bubb’s favorite toys… months later!
I highly recommend Huggle Hounds Lambie for your pup!
I give this toy 4 paws!
BarkBox promises to contain 4-6 dog treats, toys, and occasional hygiene products that are unique from anything they’ll ever send in later boxes. They hold extremely high standards for all the edible items, sourcing only from USA, Canada, South America and New Zealand. Inside this month’s “Bedtime Story” themed BarkBox:
- Butcher’s Block Contender, Retail $4 (Made from top grade American born & raised angus… Bubb loved this treat! He has loved everything from the Butcher’s Block brand.)
- Delca Lamb and Kale Treats, Retail $8 (Hearty lamb is the first ingredient in these treats… Bubba usually likes lamb, so maybe it’s the kale that he doesn’t like,… because he didn’t want anything to do with these!!)
- Organicfuls Chamomile, Honey & Duck, Retail $8 (Packed with omega-3’s and duck, Bubb ate these… but I can tell they weren’t his favorite.)
- BarkMade Frank the Frog Prince, Retail $14 (This toy is SO adorable …the rope legs pull through the frogs body, making it an interactive toy! Be warned… the squeaker inside is so powerful, that the toy should come with ear plugs LOL.)
- Think! Dog Hans the Dragon, Retail $11 (This dragon is made with chew guard technology fabric, which makes it super durable. This is one of Bubbs favorite toys right now and I’m happy it made it into this months box!)
Bubba loves his new fairy tale character toys!
$45 Total value and 5 items in this box. I paid only $19 for it, with my 6-month subscription. Bubb only liked 1 of the 3 treats this month, but both toys were durable enough to outlast his play time!
I give the September 2015 BarkBox 3 paws.
BarkBox promises to contain 4-6 dog treats, toys, and occasional hygiene products that are unique from anything they’ll ever send in later boxes. They hold extremely high standards for all the edible items, sourcing only from USA, Canada, South America and New Zealand. Inside this month’s “Summer” themed BarkBox:
- Butcher’s Block LLC Steer Stick, Retail $3 (American born & raised angus, slow roasted for 3 days… Bubba loved this chew!)
- Bocce’s Bakery Chicken Treats, Retail $10 (Made from all natural and human grade oat flour, chicken, pumpkin and rosemary… Bubba eats these treats, but I can tell he doesn’t love them. I think it’s the pumpkin… as he isn’t usually a fan of pumpkin flavored treats.)
- The Crump Group, Inc. Beef Tendersticks, Retail $8 (Made from 100% beef… OMG Bubb gobbled these tendersticks right up! I would definitely order these for him.)
- Harry Barker Rope Fire Hydrant, Retail $12 (The fire hydrant was a cute dog toy idea, but sadly it was not very durable. Within an hour he chewed through the hydrant, tearing apart the rope and it had to be thrown away.)
- Delca Corporation Watermelon, Retail $11 (As you can see in the photo below, Bubb chewed through the corner of this toy, very quickly, giving him access to the stuffing inside. I took out all of the stuffing and he played with the toy for another couple of weeks before it had to be thrown away.)
$44 Total value and 5 items in this box. I paid only $19 for it, with my 6-month subscription. Bubb is happy with new toys either way, but I’m always disappointed to receive toys in the box with low durability… especially when I subscribe to the large breed Bark Box. I’d pay a little more for longer lasting toys or would rather only 1 durable toy over 2 toys that last an hour each.
I give the August 2015 BarkBox 3 paws.
The Ross store I went to, actually had a pretty decent selection of dog toys… who knew?! I of course was in there for a completely different reason and ended up buying my precious Bubba 2 toys LOL! I purchased this ASPCA 6 squeaker Pixel Kitties toy for $4.99. I found the same thing online for $6.99 from 13deals.com and dealsplus.com, but to be honest… I would pay more, directly from the ASPCA, if I knew the money was going to a good cause. I will always support the cause to rescue & help animals in need!!
I love how Bubba cuddles his new toys. With it’s 6 squeakers… it kept him very busy!!
The fabric is not very durable, so my rotty punctured through to a few of the squeakers relatively quickly. I always keep an eye on Bubba when he seems to be intently chewing on a toy, so I can be sure he doesn’t ingest anything he shouldn’t be… if you purchase this toy for your medium to aggressive chewing pup… I suggest you do the same!
This toy is VERY cute and even though the squeakers are now removed, Bubba still loves to play with it …. his adorable smiling face is proof!
I give this dog toy 3 paws.
This dog toy is bounce-tastic!! OMG I can’t even believe the bounce factor on this toy… Bubba loves how it bounces SO wildly! I purchased this large size Kong Jump ‘N Jack from DrsFosterSmith.com for $10.99… comparable to other websites, but I found it slightly cheaper on amazon.com …at $8.79. It’s made in the USA… a great rarity. It’s made of durable rubber, capable to hold treats… and cleans teeth! The “denta-ridges reduce plaque, while providing a gentle abrasive cleaning and conditioning of teeth and gums”.
This multi-functional toy is perfect for my heavy-chewer rotty! Absolutely, 100% worth every penny and I highly suggest you purchase this toy for your pup!
I give this dog toy 4 paws!
BarkBox promises to contain 4-6 dog treats, toys, and occasional hygiene products that are unique from anything they’ll ever send in later boxes. They hold extremely high standards for all the edible items, sourcing only from USA, Canada, South America and New Zealand. Inside this month’s “Circus” themed BarkBox:
- Butcher’s Block LLC Trachea Chew, Retail $3 (This has been in several other boxes… but that is OK because Bubb loves them… SO much, that I actually bought a large bag of them from my local grocery store.)
- Nootie Hickory Bacon Jerky Chews, Retail $10 (These were also in the May box and Bubba did not like them. So I’m not too excited to see these as a repeat item.)
- BarkMade Chicken Biscuits, Retail $8 (Bubba likes these heart-shaped treats… Healthy Dogma custom made them for BarkBox pups.)
- FabDog Circus Ticket, Retail $12 (This toy wasn’t very durable… Bubba punctured a hole in it within hours and I had to take all the stuffing & squeakers out. As a stuffing-free toy, it has lasted longer! It’s still around the house and is a go-to toy for Bubb right now.)
- BarkMade Circus Elephant, Retail $13 (Eugene the elephant is such an adorable toy! His headpiece was the first to go… Bubb had that removed on day 1… as well as the tail and ears… and shortly after that, …the trunk. This toy had medium to light durability for my rotty.)
$46 Total value and 5 items in this box. I paid only $19 for it, with my 6-month subscription. I was a little disappointed to see a repeat item in the box… especially one that Bubb doesn’t like.
I was also a little surprised by the circus theme, with all the constant media over mistreated circus animals. I haven’t been to a circus since hearing of the animal cruelty and unacceptable living conditions that go on behind the scenes of circus troupes such as Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey. Do your research before you decide to buy circus tickets!! I refuse to fund the abuse of animals and so should you!
I give the July 2015 BarkBox 2 paws.
This unique 18″ long toy has arms and legs that can be pulled up and down for playing tug with your pup! Bubba was instantly intrigued about the new and different feature of the movable limbs on his new toy. I bought this GoDog Tugz Sasquatch from DrsFosterSmith.com for $10.99.
The “chew guard technology” did not outlast the jaws of my rotty. He chewed through a hand and got one of the squeakers out within 10 minutes. Within an hour he had both arm/ leg pieces pulled through the torso, making the toy 3 pieces now. Although the 3 pieces lasted separately for about a week, it was disappointing that the toy could only be played with, the way it was intended to be… for less than an hour.
Such an adorable dog toy concept… too bad it wasn’t constructed with heavy chewer dog play in mind. The durability level of the sasquatch toy for my 80-lb rottweiler was low.
I give this toy 2 paws.