This is my 14th PopSugar Must Have box and review. This is “a monthly delivery of fabulous surprises, curated by POPSUGAR Editor in Chief Lisa Sugar”. The May 2016 Box contained the following:
- Bluma Project Capri Bracelets – Set of 2, Sugg. Retail $44 (Guatemalan artisans handcrafted these with glass and 24 kt gold beads. Haven’t decided yet if I will keep these, re-gift them… or sell them on ebay.)
- Kocostar Foot Therapy, Sugg. Retail $10 (I almost bought this in a store just days before getting this PopSugar box… so you could imagine my surprise to see it tucked inside!! I am so excited to use this… so look for my review on it very soon!)
- Spongelle Spongology Body Buffer, Sugg. Retail $20 (This body wash-infused sponge, designed to cleanse, exfoliate and massage… should last at least 20 washes. It made the whole box smell delightful & I love the concept of this item! I will scrub up and post my review!)
- Gaiam Foldable Yoga Mat, Sugg. Retail $24.98 (I needed a new yoga mat, so I love that this was in this month’s fitness & relaxation themed box! It’s ultra-lightweight and compact… and the blue hue is a PopSugar exclusive.)
- Happy Spritz Breathe Deeply, Sugg. Retail $25 (This spray, made with peppermint and eucalyptus oils, misted over your face or on your yoga mat… claims to naturally invigorate and soothe you. I will test this out… with my new yoga mat of course… and report back!)
- JimmyBar! Peanut Butter Clutter Clean Snack Bar, Sugg. Retail $2.49 (This bar is gluten-free, dairy-free and made with no artificial ingredients… I ate it, but didn’t like it very much.)
- Hint Kick, Sugg. Retail $1.69 (Special Extra in the box! Infused with 60mg of caffeine and lightly flavored with black raspberry, this zero calorie drink also has zero sugar and zero diet sweeteners. #1 ingredient is purified water! I love water so I don’t need flavored water to want to drink it. I think flavored water has a weird after taste and this one is no exception. Quality product, I’m just not a fan.)
- Half Hitch Goods $10 Gift Card (Special Extra in the box! I doubt I’ll use this… didn’t really see anything that peaked my interest when browsing the website.)
- Revlon Volume + Length Magnified Mascara, Sugg. Retail $8.99 (Special Extra in the box! Mascara… my main go-to make-up item… I’ll let you know soon, how it stands up against my favorites!)
$147 approximate Total value! I pay $39.95 per month, which includes free shipping. At no additional savings, 3-month and 6-month purchase options are also available. This is my favorite monthly subscription service because they always deliver great products at an amazing value! I am definitely going to continue my subscription, so that I can discover more new brands and products I like at an incredible price! Happiness Delivered!
If you want to give it a try, use code REFER5 for $5 off and sign up here: http://popsu.gr/vrbQ
I give this box 4 paws!
I bought this Kardashian Beauty “Stroke of Midnight” mascara (love the clever name!) in #402 Ultimate Black for $9.99 at CVS.com. I used a coupon I received for “30% off total online purchase at CVS.com”, which dropped the price to only $7. I purchased a different Kardashian Beauty mascara in a CVS store about a year ago and loved it, …but sadly I can’t find that specific one in stores or anywhere online.
This is a pretty great “every day” mascara. It doesn’t give a va va voom voluptuous look of falsies, but it does create a stellar voluminous natural look. The brush is designed fabulously because the mascara doesn’t clump at all …and it separates my lashes perfectly so that it looks like I have twice as many! I would absolutely buy this mascara again… and I may buy it quickly so that it doesn’t disappear forever like the other one!
I give this product 4 paws!
This new L’Oreal mascara, “Voluminous Miss Manga”, has a 360 degree flex brush designed to give the ultimate open-eye look that was made famous in the Japanese comics known as Manga.
The model in the L’Oreal magazine ads for this mascara, is adorable with her wide-eyed gorgeous lashes… however mine did not turn out that way… not even close! I purchased this mascara, in “Blackest Black”, at CVS for $7.99 and have been testing it over the past month. I didn’t care for the flex brush because it made it harder for me to control the brush pressure against my lashes and form them the way I wanted. I have naturally long lashes, but they have zero curl. I would apply it several times, attempting to achieve the “Manga” look… I even used an eyelash brush because the result was less than desirable… and every time the outcome was the same. It clumped my lashes together & created big gaps between the clumps … I was unable to achieve the voluminous effect. I will not be purchasing this L’Oreal mascara again.
I give this product 1 paw.
I received this Bold Lacquer Revlon Mascara in “Blackest Black”, in a Style Box from SocialBliss.com, and they gave a retail value of $8. I found it online at walmart.com for $5 (if you want to brave that store LOL) and at drugstores for between $6 and $8.
The packaging claims this mascara will add length and volume to your lashes… and I beg to disagree!! I think the brush design is bad, first of all. The bristles seem to be too close together, so much so, that the mascara can’t even get to the bottoms of the bristles! The Mascara clumps up in patches all over the brush… leading to a Very difficult application process! I’ve been testing this periodically over the last few months… with the same result. It takes several minutes to achieve an eyelash look I am satisfied with… (precious minutes in the morning I need to spend doing more productive tasks!) Secondly, the “volume” must have been left out of my mascara tube LOL, because after many many coats… I can finally tell there is even mascara on my lashes! My lashes are already fairly long,… but they have zero curl to them… so I test the limits of my eyelash curler every morning and rely on a good mascara to hold the curl and add the volume. This mascara simply doesn’t do that for me.
I give this mascara 1 paw.
I discovered Too Faced “Better Than Sex” mascara from a sample I got in SocialBliss.com’s ‘The Style Box’. I loved it SO much that I purchased this full size from Sephora, for $23. For me, that is a lot to pay for mascara when there are some other pretty great options for half the price…but,… I was getting married and treated myself to the best mascara my lashes have ever seen!
It is an intense black with an hourglass shaped brush that volumizes like I’ve never seen! After applying, It looks like my lashes tripled in quantity and doubled in length! It is very easy to overdo it with this mascara, so only 1 to 2 coats are needed to get that voluptuous look. I wear this all day… and at night it looks exactly the same as when I applied it in the morning! I also love the name of this mascara… it’s clever & cracks me up LOL!!
I give this product 4 paws!
The September 2014 box theme was “Go Bold”, and contained the following:
- Two-Toned Tyra Clutch by Urban Expressions, Sugg. retail $49 (I think this bag is SO ugly. Ew. Not my style AT ALL. I’ve listed this on ebay.)
- Sterling Silver Pyramid Midi Ring by Belcho USA, Sugg. retail $30 (I’m loving this new midi ring trend and I love the triangle. Adorbs!)
- Linked Halos Necklace by Space, Sugg. retail $15 (Ehh. Very boring and I just don’t like this necklace.)
- New Bold Lacquer Mascara by Revlon, Sugg. retail $8 (Mascara is my favorite, so I’m always excited to try new ones! Look for my review on this very soon…)
SocialBliss.com estimated a total value of $102. I paid $42.95 including shipping. (I purchased a 3-month subscription to save some money.) This is my 7th Style Box. Although it’s still a great value for what I paid, sadly SocialBliss.com is still not delivering style I like, on the “main” item!! If you are interested in giving it a try, go for a 3, 6 or 12 month subscription for the savings!!
Value aside, I give this Dull, (Not Bold) box 2 paws.
The April 2014 Style Box from SocialBliss.com was a “Classy & Fabulous” theme, and contained the following:
- Izzy & Ali Vegan Handbag, sugg. retail $129 (I got this handbag in navy and the hardware is gold tone. I like that materials are animal friendly… but I don’t like handbags with a top flap! It is irritating to me to have to hold open while searching for my wallet, keys etc. I will list this on ebay.)
- Too Faced “Better Than Sex” Mascara, sugg. retail $15 (This is my favorite item in the box! The brush distrubutes the mascara perfectly & makes my lashes super sultry! I will likely buy more of this when I run out!)
- Cubic Zirconia Earrings, sugg. retail $50 (I probably wouldn’t have picked them out in a store… but they are cute. I haven’t decided if I will keep them, gift them or ebay them.)
- Little Black Compact, sugg. retail $5 (I already have a few compacts… doesn’t every girl LOL… but this one is unlike any I have. It is all black with a dimensional rose etched on the entire top. Sure, why not… I’ll add another to my collection.)
- Nail Art Kit by Stella, sugg. retail $7 (This nail kit contains rhinestone of all shapes and colors. I do my own mani’s and pedi’s… so I can never have too many nail gems! Although… I can already tell that I won’t use some of them… orange dots …Ew.)
SocialBliss.com estimated a total value of $206. I paid $42.95 including shipping. (I currently have a 3-month subscription which saves me a little money.) I listed the main item in the box that I didn’t like, on ebay & liked all the other items… so I am happy with this months box… Not over the moon… but happy. Great value —-go for a 3, 6 or 12 month subscription for the savings!!
Because I would like to Love the main item in the box for a change… I give this box 3 paws.